Financial Specialist, Billing -
Company: Crossroads of Western Iowa
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: October 29, 2018
To perform the Financial/Office Assistant job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Financial/Office Assistant will have the following experience and attributes:
* Two-years college with emphasis in clerical, secretarial and/or business administration or equivalent experience.
* Be flexible as to schedule hours.
* The ability to act as a positive adult role model.
* Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess good problem solving, decision making and organizational skills
* Ability to push, pull, lift and/or transfer up to 50 pounds
* Certification in CPR and First Aid.
* Must secure and maintain a private phone.
* Committed to self-improvement
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential functions:
* Embrace the values and philosophy of Crossroads of Western Iowa.
* Treat people we serve with dignity and respect.
* Reception, typing, bookkeeping, payroll, filing and data entry into computer as requested.
* Must have authorized release before sensitive information is given pertaining to CWI, persons receiving services, and staff.
* Will be aware of and comply with all HIPAA regulations in coordination with the HIPAA compliance officer.
* Will abide by all CWI Corporate Compliance policies and Code of Ethics
* Inform CFO of fiscal or other irregularities or concerns
* Will possess good typing and computer skills, have a basic knowledge of written English, filing and office machine use.
* Will review payroll for the clients for accuracy and process through the payroll software.
* Must maintain office area and filing system in an efficient and orderly manner.
* Will be current on filing and maintain other bookwork as assigned.
* Maintain time card and payroll records electronically and review for completeness and accuracy.
* Enter staff and client pay accurately in the payroll software
* Maintain accurate supporting documentation for payroll records.
* Will lock and secure all monies before leaving at night. Money must be put in a safe place.
* Will make sure all channels have been followed to allow entry to files.
* Must assure files are secure.
* Ensure completion of daily data entry in Accounts Payable in an accurate manner.
* Maintain a calendar to ensure entry is done timely and other deadlines are met.
* Maintain accurate files for Accounts Payable
* Will prepare payables to be paid on a weekly basis
* Will ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the payment on invoices
* Match all payments to invoices.
* Assist CFO in preparing for the annual audit
* Complete any reports as requested by the CFO
* Fill in for the Secretary when she is unable to be in the front office or is absent.
* Attend training?s that will be of benefit to the Financial Services area.
* Maintain calendar of important events, deadlines, assignments, etc.
* Attend staff meetings and training opportunities as scheduled, providing input and feedback to the Residential team concerning persons served support needs and service development.
* Attend and successfully complete all necessary staff orientation and training functions.
The Financial/Office Assistant assumes other responsibilities as assigned by CFO, CWI Directors and/or CEO.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Financial/Office Assistant?s job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position.
While performing the responsibilities of the Financial/Office Assistant job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision.
The employee must be able to travel between locations, and occasionally attend seminars which may require an overnight stay.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Keywords: Crossroads of Western Iowa, Council Bluffs , Financial Specialist, Billing -, Accounting, Auditing , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!