IT MARKET ENGINEER
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Caesars IT Enterprise is seeking an IT Professional to assist
with resolving complex business, computer system and data
communication issues. Your Focus
- Provides specialized technical problem solving and problem
- Installs, upgrades and maintains gaming hardware & software
- Plans and coordinates all hardware installations, changes and
updates with vendors and users, adhering to the I.T. Change Control
- Administers and controls updates/changes to production
programs, files and databases.
- Recommends application design changes to management and
Enterprise IT to maximize resources.
- Plans, schedules and loads new versions of the Host Platform
operating system and related vendor patches or temporary fixes as
defined in the Product Support Agreement.
- Provides first- or second-level problem determination/
isolation and recovery support for Host Platform computer
- Analyzes and recommends tools and service aids for
system/network operation and problem determination. Reports results
from technical research, system performance reports and problem
resolutions to upper-management.
- Collects and analyzes system data for quality assurance of
technical design and optimum system performance. Adjusts system
parameters to achieve peak system performance.
- Administers systems and tools to analyze and secure computer
system programs and database files to comply with audit and
- Assists in the research, evaluation and support of new
technologies (hardware and software) for ongoing productivity and
- Assists in planning by communicating with project / product
teams, clients and vendors.
- Effectively contributes to the engineering process and roles as
outlined in the HIT project management methodologies.
- Recommends changes for improved system
- Practices, and adheres to system management criteria and
policies and procedures.
- Ensures established enterprise standards are followed and
enforced during system implementations.
- Ensures that the infrastructure resources meet committed user
expectations, including projects for future usage and growth.
- Provides consistent support for existing infrastructure and
programs. Updates and adjusts service, product, and support as
- Analyzes infrastructure for evidence of unsatisfactory or
unusual operating conditions.
- Builds knowledge of products and direction through vendor
- Appropriately leverages vendor resources to efficiently resolve
- Demonstrates an understanding of and ability to execute on
Project Management principles, life-cycle, knowledge areas, and HIT
Project Management methodologies
- Demonstrates an understanding of Continuous Improvement and
LEAN theories with the ability to execute solutions
- Represents property interests on, and locally deploys,
- Champions local innovations and solutions to meet local
business drivers within the framework of acceptable standards
- Collaborates with Corporate PMO and other initiative, project,
and technical teams to minimize redundant work and eliminate rogue
solution development/deployment at the property level
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others
to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science-related field or
equivalent experience in a multiple Host Platform technical support
- Technical Certifications highly recommended.
- Work experience in a technical support environment, supporting
multiple high-end computer systems.
- Must be able to meet measurable objectives as defined on annual
- Technical knowledge of the PC environment including hardware,
operating system and networking. Experience in utilization of
Windows applications in a business environment.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around
pit area as well as entire property for entire shift.
- General understanding of production operating systems,
transaction processing systems, relational database architecture,
wide and local area networks, communication protocols, real-time
systems, mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry standards, as
well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand
smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration,
crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays as required. Will be subject to call 24 hours in case of
emergency or facility need.
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Council Bluffs , IT MARKET ENGINEER, Engineering , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!