Company: E2 Optics
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: November 20, 2023
E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology
integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients
deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and
minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that
seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured
cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems.
Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the
Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing,
Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core
Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business,
employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We
embrace these values to be a better business and better people,
while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new
standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's
largest and fastest-growing companies.
Position Summary: The Lead Technician works as a member of a
project team primarily responsible for enhancing overall jobsite
productivity, safety, and ensuring high-quality work. This employee
may be assigned to lead a team of approximately 3-5 members
professionally and productively on a small project. Completing
tasks with a high degree of quality, safety, efficiency in
accordance to existing standards.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is our number one Core Value. Follow safe work practices
and company and client worksite policies.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all
aspects of the installation process.
- Reads and interprets all floorplans, drawings, specifications,
and cut sheets.
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers.
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required.
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and
- Proactively lead teams of 3-5 Technicians and Installers to
complete project tasks.
- Adequately train Technicians and Installers to complete all the
tasks and responsibilities of their positions.
- Assist in developing Technicians to complete all the tasks and
responsibilities of a Lead Technician.
- Proactively oversee and lead jobsite organization and basic
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor in both internal
and customer relations.
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Exhibit and maintain professional appearance and behavior.
- Travel: This position is generally expected to require minimal
overnight travel (5%) in certain regions, could require frequent
(50%+) overnight and extended out-of-town travel in others. The
individual in this role should be able and willing to travel as
required by E2. Education:
- High school diploma or GED required
- OSHA 30 within first 2 weeks in role.
- BICSI Installer 2 Copper preferred.
- BICSI Installer 2 Fiber preferred.
- BICSI Certified Technician. Must be earned within 12 months in
- Minimum 2 - 5 years work experience in Structured Cabling or
related industry/construction experience.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Able to distinguish color codes. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of
the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces,
horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross
and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding
applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the
ability to differentiate between them and make
- Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for a given
task for themselves and can help other team members do the
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- Solid team player.
- High attention to detail with demonstrated ability to source
and follow standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work days, nights and weekends as project
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, exercise efficient time
management at the jobsite.
- Demonstrate accountability for safety, quality, and
- Self-motivated with excellent work ethic.
- Motivate team to work effectively in versatile work
environments. WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The standard
work environment for this position is an indoors business office
and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand
tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend,
rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to
regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand
and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The
employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The
employee may be required to work in tight, confided spaces. The
employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There
could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means
including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region
and to other locations as required. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
E2 Benefits include: Employee paid monthly medical premiums,
matching 401k, paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off.
DISCLAIMER: The above job definition information has been designed
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions. An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender
identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local law. Actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled
and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.
TEXTING TERMS OF SERVICE: We may send text messages you have
consented to receive. Message frequency may vary. You can cancel
text messages at any time by texting "STOP". After you send "STOP",
we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have
been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from
that phone number, or from any member of our team. If at any time
you have questions about the text messages, text "HELP". After you
send "HELP" we will respond with instructions on how to use our
service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may
Keywords: E2 Optics, Council Bluffs , Lead Technician, Engineering , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!