Director of Operations - AirCom
Company: Air Methods Corporation
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Responsible to direct and manage the assigned functional areas,
including Managers, Supervisors and teammates as identified by the
VP. - Lead the culture and initiatives defined by Air Methods and
identify opportunities for enhanced performance, efficiency,
quality, development of teammates.
This position is located at our AirCom Facility in Omaha Nebraska,
It is NOT a remote role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the
- Responsible to direct the daily operations of department
through lower management levels.
- Partner with Air Medical on all aspects of Strategic
Priorities: People, Partners & Patients
- Present, negotiate and facilitate programs and initiatives on
behalf of AirCom and Air Methods
- Translates functional strategy into actionable plans.
- Direct and oversee all activities related to Operations,
Hiring, Training, Quality Assurance, Workforce Management and
overall technological efficiencies.
- Partner with VP and Director of Client Solutions regarding
maintenance and development of client relationships.
- Ensures management team is meeting KPIs, deadlines, and
managing all tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Measure and track performance of functional areas and identify
leading indicators of performance opportunities.
- Develop ways to increase performance efficiencies and bottom
- Manage expenses to budget and identify opportunities for
efficiency and investment to optimize performance.
- Serve as escalation resource for any issues related to
Operations, Training or Quality Assurance.
- Measure efficiencies of Management team and are able to
quantify performance related to budgetary goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 20%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method's policies, regular
attendance is an essential function of the position. - All
employees must follow Air Methods' employment practices and
Directly supervises employees in the Operations department. -
Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. - Responsibilities
include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees,
planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance,
rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and
resolving problems. -
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. - In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods
will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue
burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university
and 10 or more years' related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years' experience managing large call
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading and developing teams
- Contributes to business sustained growth through leadership and
- Builds partnerships with related departments or functions to
enhance efficiency and execution
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow up skills
- Demonstrates high critical thinking and reasoning skills and
strong attention to detail while working in a fast- paced
environment that requires ability to prioritize and
- Excellent management, interpersonal, and communications
- Supports strategic direction with team motivation, coaching and
- Ability to develop, analyze, and influence financial
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- $118,450.00 -to -$140,000
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Air Methods Corporation, Council Bluffs , Director of Operations - AirCom, Executive , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!