Project Manager - Automation
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: July 9, 2019
Project Manager - Automation
Estimated start date - October 2019
Location: Council Bluffs, IA (Relocation assistance available)
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects to
ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished
within defined time frame and within budget allowances by
performing the following duties personally or through personnel
assigned to the project or otherwise enlisted to help.
- Be the face of Acieta to the customer. Maintain customer
satisfaction by managing both internal and external expectations
throughout the project lifecycle. Organize and lead customer
meetings and visits, involving internal team members as necessary,
which present Acieta as a professional, innovative and detail
- Review project proposals and costing information immediately
upon order entry for consistency and relationship to company
capabilities to identify and anticipate risks.
- Consult with management personnel and key functional
representatives to establish work plan and staffing for each phase
of projects; arrange for recruitment or assignment of project
personnel and allocation of available resources, including
determination of resources outside the company as necessary to meet
project objectives, i.e. define the team for the project.
- Summarize project requirements, particularly those affecting
financial and scheduling progress and resource management, using
company available MIS software to accomplish monitoring methods and
formats. Initiate and/or implement new methods to improve reporting
effectiveness when deemed necessary. Notify Accounting Department
when project milestones related to invoicing have been
- Evaluate project definition to formulate conceptual design and
technical requirements, including analyzing the project for
technical feasibility and risk regarding engineering,
producibility, and cost implications. Draw on personal technical
expertise to assist and guide team personnel in accomplishing
- Consult with the project team to outline work plan and assign
duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority, including
interface with resources outside the company.
- Build a mutually accountable project team. Encourage, motivate,
drive and coordinate the project team personnel to ensure project
progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Lead internal meetings as appropriate to meet and exceed
project objectives, to include but not limited to daily/regular
project team huddles, project transitions, project kick-offs,
design reviews, and other internal meetings.
- Prepare reports and project progress information using tools
available (spreadsheets, databases, project management software,
etc.). Distribute project reports to management and customers as
required generally by company procedures and as may be specifically
required by customer/project specification.
- Demonstrate leadership (both internally and externally) by
thoroughly understanding the project, consistent communication and
documentation, creativity, proper negotiation, managing conflict,
and balancing customer and Acieta expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years related experience in design of equipment comparable to
products of Acieta or in functions of business closely related to
the manufacturing process of these types of products
- 5 years project management experience in an organization using
matrix management; work experience related to automation systems is
Salary: Exempt DOE
Submit resume to: email@example.com
Keywords: Acieta, Council Bluffs , Project Manager - Automation, Executive , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!