Terminal Manager - Omaha, Nebraska
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: November 30, 2019
OverviewWith nearly 90 years' experience, Holland knows how to take
care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for
our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work,
Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to
grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1
Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for
Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record
of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer
the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with
Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the
Holland is looking a Terminal Manager in our Omaha, NE terminal,
located in Council Bluffs, IA.ResponsibilitiesHolland, Inc., a
recognized leader in the transportation industry, is in search of a
Terminal Manager for our Council Bluffs, IA location. The Terminal
Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of
operations personnel involved in transportation of freight by motor
carrier system and coordinate transportation and handling or
shipments within geographic subdivision by directing activities of
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure safe operations by monitoring employee behavior with
relation to risk, resolving unsafe conditions, and ensuring
compliance with Department of Transportation regulations and all
other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain effective employee and customer relations.
- Communicate effectively with employees, internal customers and
external customers to establish performance expectations, support
and monitor performance, provide positive and corrective feedback,
and resolve performance problems.
- Direct and coordinate the staff responsible to supervise
workers engaged in loading, unloading, recording, arranging,
routing, and delivering incoming and outgoing freight
- Align work schedules for driver/dock activities with freight
- Coordinate activities of operations to obtain optimal use of
equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Ensure proper training of employees as required in all
functional areas by establishing training goals, assuring that
periodic training is accomplished as scheduled, and routinely
reviewing each individual's progress.
- Determine staffing needs. Interview, select, train and assign
new personnel. Develop and retain incumbent staff.
- Review and analyze expenditure, financial, and operations
reports to determine requirements for controlling costs, increasing
profits and improving processes. Prepare recommendations on
findings for area management's evaluation.
QualificationsSuccessful Candidates will possess
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education or
- Previous supervisory dock operations and sales
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures, and applicable
collective bargaining agreements.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights and/or
weekends as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in transportation or related area.
- 8 or more years operations and sales experience.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons
with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.HPROTo apply please email
Keywords: Holland, Council Bluffs , Terminal Manager - Omaha, Nebraska, Executive , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!