Medical Records Coordinator
Company: Christian Horizons
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 25, 2020
OverviewChristian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home
over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits
in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family
of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink
nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway
to senior living a future in which older adults thrive.--We offer a
place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As a
faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered,
cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every
resident in our community. We are seeking a Medical Records
Coordinator. The Medical Records--Coordinator will assist in the
maintaining of medical record system in compliance with federal,
state, local, and--Ministry requirements. Join us today and use
your skills and gifts to make-- difference in others' lives. --We
- Competitive Wages
- PathwayPay (daily pay) Get your pay, when you need it.
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group
Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks----Responsibilities
- Start all new admission charts and close all discharge
- Provides nursing stations with proper chart and documentation
- Files and retrieves medical documents of in-house residents and
- Files lab, other diagnostic reports, and other chart forms upon
- Performs routine audits of in-house residents records and files
- Analyzes discharged charts for completeness and follows-up with
staff and physicians to ensure discharged charts are completed in a
- Maintain Resident records according to Federal, State and
Facility guidelines at the Director of Nursings direction.
- Maintain orderly and efficient overflow records.
- Answer phones when needed.
- Processes requests for medical information as directed by the
Director of Nursing or Administrator (i.e., for insurance
reimbursement, in response to subpoena, etc.).
- Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff,
volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each Resident by
consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their
- Use proper equipment and techniques to ensure safety of
Residents and staff.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and timely,
following all community policies and procedures.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate
dependability and punctuality.
- Use proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal
procedures in accordance with corporate policies and
- Participate in all in-services and activities as required.
- Follow all written and oral directions as given by
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but
not limited to safety, infection control, Residents rights, and
those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health
information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either
during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to
Residents protected health information.Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Prior nursing and/or clerical experience preferred.
- Able to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate dependability, cooperation, and interest in the
care of the elderly.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal
tactfully with personnel, Residents, families, and visitors.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined
by Christian Horizons background check policy, with no
disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more
of the offenses defined within.Post to CareerBuilder#CB
Keywords: Christian Horizons, Council Bluffs , Medical Records Coordinator, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!