Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Company: All Care Health Center
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Are you passionate about serving the Community? Do you see
yourself working at a Health Center knowing that you get to make a
difference in the life of another? Are you looking for a fun and
drama-free work place? Do you have a positive attitude and desire
to interact with customers throughout the day? If you answered yes
to these questions, then All Care Health Center wants you on our
team! All Care Health Center is looking for qualified candidates to
serve as our Licensed Clinical Social Worker providing continuous
and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal
mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders
and health maintenance to ACHC patients. This position will be
primarily located at our Main Clinic, but may be required to assist
at our homeless shelters if the need arises. The ideal LCSW
candidate will be:
- Flexible All Care Health Center offers competitive wages and a
comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid Life Insurance AND Employer paid Long Term
- 401(k) match and more! SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve ACHC in the capacity of a mental health practitioner and
will work to promote the mission, vision, and values of the
organizations in all interactions and clinical sites. Clinical
sites encompasses the main clinic and satellite clinics.
- Acquire an initial psychiatric evaluation for patients whom are
seeking psychotherapy services for either mental health and/or
- Obtain initial chemical dependency evaluation for patients
seeking substance use treatment.
- Identify barriers and poor social determinants of health that
may influence treatment. Work to remove barriers and improve social
determinants of health that lead to reduced impairment and work to
improve optimize functioning and outcomes.
- Utilized enhanced interviewing skills to obtain a detailed
history of present illness during each session. Interview questions
will require assessment of, but not limited to: patient s safety,
suicidality and homicidally, abuse and neglect across the
- Assess and document patient s mental health status.
- Acquire and review patient records regarding diagnostic
information relating to the patient s mental health therapy, i.e.
psychiatric evaluations and other casework materials.
- Create formulations after each initial assessment and identify
corresponding diagnosis according to Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorder-5.
- Develop with patient a comprehensive treatment plan, utilizing
evidence based interventions that work to reduce impairment and
improve functioning. Interventions may require establishing
immediate safety for the patient. Treatment plans will be regularly
reviewed and monitored for quality outcomes. Quality outcomes will
be measured by reduction of impairment and optimizing
- Provide evidence based counseling and behavioral health therapy
to patients who seek treatment. Psychotherapy services may include
but not limited to: Addiction Counseling, Cognitive Behavioral
Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Family Systems Therapy,
Grief Counseling, Group Therapy, Marriage and Family Therapy,
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and
Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Maintain HIPPA privacy laws. Recognize when conditions may
require outside counsel and report accordingly.
- Provide both short term and long term psychotherapy services in
settings that include but not limited to: warm handoffs, crisis
intervention, and discharge planning.
- Work to ensure a therapeutic relationship is maintained with
- Assumes accountability and maintains documentation for all
consultation notes, significant incident occurrences, phone
conversations, etc. Documentation is to maintain consistency with
applicable regulatory requirements.
- Comply with billing practice and procedures as identified by
ACHC Billing Policy.
- Work with other departments (Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, etc.)
to provide integrated behavioral health services.
- Participate in peer performance review activities for ACHC s
Quality Improvement Program.
- Participate in scholarship to maintain continuing education
requirements and ensure appropriate licensure.
- Employ stewardship in all daily activities and activities
associated with ACHC.
- Engage in clinical citizenship at ACHC that includes but not
limited to: attending internal and external organizational
meetings, training and development opportunities, collaborating in
a team based environment, and active involvement in providing in
direct patient services that enhance patient care. The duties
listed above are a general synopsis of the position. The full job
description and comprehensive list of duties will be provided
during the selection process. QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensure or ability to obtain licensure in the state of Iowa
as LCSW. Additional licensure as a LADC is preferred.
- One year of full-time work related experience in agency and/or
medical clinic service delivery (counseling, case management,
outreach, prevention/education, etc.)
- A minimum of two years experience providing behavioral health
therapy to individuals, families and groups preferred. At All Care
Health Center, we are committed to providing an environment of
equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin,
physical or mental disability, pregnancy, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression , veteran status, or any
other status protected under applicable law. If you need assistance
or an accommodation in applying for this or other job postings,
please contact the HR department at .
Keywords: All Care Health Center, Council Bluffs , Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!