Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator
Company: Childrens Square U.S.A.
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Description PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Triage and assess the
nursing care needs of children with behavioral and/or mental health
conditions as member of a community child health team. Plan and
coordinate care based on needs, and evaluate effectiveness of care
provided. Provide nursing component within the care coordination
and/or clinical support role in order to maintain patient care
standards. Utilize the principles of family-centered,
community-based, comprehensive, and culturally competent care in
the provision of services to children with behavioral and/or mental
health care needs and their families. ESSENTIAL
- Provide planning and care coordination functions such as:
follow-up contacts with the family and community partners;
coordinate and triage referrals; and work with referral sources and
agencies. Plan and lead family meetings to meet the needs of the
child and family.
- Provide care coordination services regarding resources and
referral to the family of the child with behavioral and/or mental
health care needs, assisting the child and family to utilize
community, regional, or tertiary health care resources in order to
restore, maintain, and promote health.
- Determine needs of the child and family by means of
discrimination between normal and abnormal physical, behavioral,
psychosocial, and developmental findings in the child.
- Develop and implement multidisciplinary patient care plans
(based on the principles of family driven care, the child's
condition, age, psychological, educational, and socioeconomic
conditions) that includes interventions to attain expected
- Integrate contributions of the child and family into the
multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develop and implement child/family teaching plan based on
identified mental and/or behavioral health education needs and the
condition and age of the child.
- Evaluate and document effectiveness of care plan and
child/family teaching plan.
- Document patient assessment and plan of care in the child
record and generate appropriate health reports.
- Serve as liaison with community care providers, including
primary care and tertiary care providers, by providing expert
knowledge related to service systems needed by children with mental
and/or behavioral health care needs and their families.
- Provide On-Call/Telephone consultation on a rotating basis. May
be required to meet clients after hours for crisis management.
- Coordinate a continuum of care across community settings,
facilitating communication between family and various
- Assist the family, as appropriate, to follow through with the
child's treatment recommendations and with the coordination of
- Facilitate communication between the families and care
providers and serve as an advocate for the child and family.
- Assist the family to obtain necessary knowledge of health care
financing entities such as Medicaid, EPSDT, SSI, state waivers,
Iowa Cares, and the hawk-i program.
- Perform other projects or tasks as assigned.
- Registered Nurse, or
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, or
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MNHP or MSN).
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa.
- At least two years experience in pediatric health, or public
- Must have competency in computer basics which includes turning
on a laptop, using email, Word, Excel, electronic health record
(EHR) systems, portals, etc.
- Experience in care coordination.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills. ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Flexible hours and some evening work required.
- Able to drive during the day and evening hours.
- Position can be emotionally stressful because of working with
troubled children and their families and all of the systems that
- Corrected hearing and vision within normal range.
Keywords: Childrens Square U.S.A., Council Bluffs , Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!