Therapist - School Based Services
Company: Heartland Family Service
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 11, 2021
At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a
culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity
and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery
and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various
experiences and uniqueness to the workplace. Trauma Informed Care
is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that
recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the
role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care
also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on
our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive
working environments and relationships. If you believe in our
mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a
fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then
Heartland Family Service is the agency for you. SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
OF WORK This will be a school based therapy position. Screening,
individual and group therapy services will be provided to youth in
all grades at Council Bluffs middle school and high school
locations. Intense therapeutic responsibilities, decision making
skills and problem solving capabilities are critical. Highly
developed interpersonal skills and case management capabilities
must be present. High production standards are especially required
at this level. Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to
5:00 p.m. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Determines whether client is appropriate for agency services;
determines needed level of care; refers (internal or external) to
appropriate level of care.
- *Conducts a comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5
axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; refers if
other services are needed.
- *Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which
specifies treatment structure, outcomes, goals and objectives;
within first 2 sessions.
- *Provides educational workshops, classes and presentations to
Lewis Central staff on topics as assigned.
- *Provides counseling to youth and families in group or
individual settings utilizing evidence-based practices, within the
framework of the treatment plan; monitors progress.
- *Handles cases of increasing complexity.
- *Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and
- Meets clinical requirements of third party payers
(authorizations, reviews, documentation) and provides information
necessary for prompt and accurate billing.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Coordinates care when provided by multiple practitioners.
- Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and other
community services, as necessary either concurrent with services or
for aftercare; follows up to complete referral.
- Completes all case documentation for clinical and billing
- Maintains clinical record, meeting established standards of
timeliness and completeness.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports,
statistics and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the
clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff,
volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies,
- Develops personal and program related skills through
participation in internal and external training opportunities
including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic
- Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger
community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency's
ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company
physical work site
- Performs other program related duties as assigned. *DENOTES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage &
- Two years or more experience working with children utilizing
Evidenced Based Practices such as Child-Parent Psychotherapy,
Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and Trauma-Focus: Cognitive
- LMHC, LISW, and LMFT required
- Valid drivers license/ acceptable driving record COMPETENCIES
Non-Judgmental Self-care- Practices good self-care; maintains
effective emotional regulation and manages stress. Integrity-An
authentic and honest therapist plays a key role in the client's
recovery. Often, a therapist will inadvertently become a role model
for the client. That means the therapist should conduct their
personal and professional lives with honesty and integrity.
Critical thinking- A therapist needs to have the ability to see
beyond the surface of the clients issues. Continuous learning- stay
updated on the latest research and treatment plans to help clients
in the best way possible. Organization and Time-Management
Strategies-Responsible for keeping track of paperwork, fees for
clients. Active listening Communication -Exhibits clear and concise
verbal and written communications; communicates honestly and
directly. AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions). While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT (Work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions). While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to
weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: Heartland Family Service, Council Bluffs , Therapist - School Based Services, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!