RN/LPN/MA Clinics Nebraska Methodist Health System - Council Bluffs, IA
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 2, 2021
- Purpose of Job The Medical Assistant assists physicians in
daily activities such as preparing patients for examination,
phlebotomy, injections, medication proposals, and making and
receiving phone calls. Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists
physicians by reviewing records, preparing patients/exam rooms, and
handling prescription renewals/inquiries. Registered Nurses (RNs)
will monitor, record, and report changes in the conditions of the
patients and be involved in every aspect of the patients' health.
Precision and accuracy in maintaining detailed reports is important
in relaying information to the doctors or to the patients. Will
prepare, assist, and instruct patients for examinations and
treatment and inform family members on health care education
- Job Requirements Education
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Medical Assistant requires Medical Assistant diploma from an
- Licensed Practical Nurse requires graduate of an accredited
school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse requires graduation from an accredited school
- Medical Assistant - 6 months previous medical assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Previous Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/medical experience
- Phlebotomy experience required (Floor only).
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- For Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Current valid Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) License, valid compact multistate license to
work in Nebraska or Iowa (work state) or temporary permit while
awaiting licensure required.
- Registered Nurse requires current valid Registered Nurse (RN)
License, valid compact multistate license to work in Nebraska or
Iowa (work state), or a temporary permit while awaiting
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures required.
- Knowledge of medicine including recognizing and diagnosed
diseases, deformities, and other illnesses.
- Skill to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Skill to proficiently type information into the computer to
capture or detail information quickly.
- Ability to provide caring patient care services when talking
with patients and their family members.
- Ability to critically listen to questions from patients and
information from providers to convey information effectively.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve problems before
they occur and avoid bigger problems in the future.
- Ability to problem solve during several daily activities which
includes the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to learn and proficiently navigate through computer
programs that contain patient information.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction
with providers, staff and patients required.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions/directions
- Physical Requirements Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Standing (Floor Only)
- Walking (Floor Only)
- Sitting (Phone Only)
- Not Related:
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Rare (1%-33%):
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, C at
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions Essential Functions I
- Joint (Floor and Phone)
- Medical Home
- Documents all lab, procedures, and appointments on tracking
- Completes tracking forms and follows up on missed appointments
- Assists Health Coaches by working patient lists and scheduling
appointments as directed.
- At the direction of the provider provides patient and family
education to ensure adequate knowledge/awareness and recommends
appropriate community resources as needed.
- Educates/instructs patients according to providers direction
98% of the time.
- Performs telephone triage to determine patient needs by
recording and reporting patient condition to provider and advising
patient based on provider instructions.
- Receives and returns patient calls within 90 minutes based on
medical priority 95% of the time.
- Accurately records and reports patient's condition according to
department policy 98% of the time.
- Maintains work areas to ensure healthy environmental conditions
by cleaning and organizing equipment and rooms.
- Maintains clean and organized work area according to
department/provider protocol 99% of the time.
- Handles prescription renewals/inquiries to facilitate patient
care. Discusses questions with provider and relays information to
- Handles prescription refills according to department/provider
protocols 99% of the time.
- Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to
ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in
the Age Specific Criteria.
- Prepares exam rooms and equipment to facilitate treatment and
examination of patients by setting up instruments/equipment and
- Prepares exam rooms and medical equipment according to provider
protocol 95% of the time.
- Prepares patient for provider exam by reviewing medical
records, weighing patient, checking vital signs, performing
medication reconciliation and obtaining information relevant to
- Prepares patient for exam by following provider protocol and
company policies 95% of the time.
- Assists providers to facilitate patient treatment by retrieving
tests and medical records and obtaining lab work as directed.
- Obtains provider requested tests, records, and lab work 95% of
- Dispense medications at the direction of a provider to
patients. Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse instruct
patients and family members regarding education and treatment to
ensure patients completely understand how to take the medication
- Assists and/or performs phlebotomy with proper labeling and
handling of specimens, accurately completes requisitions, and
collects specimens according to standard procedures/protocols and
performing and documenting quality control activities.
- Performs above procedure according to clinic policy and
procedures 95% of the time.
- Ensures accuracy of order entry and completes appropriate
documentation without error at least 98% of the time.
- Answering Phone Calls
- Answers calls according to protocol at least 98% of the
- Returning Phone Messages
- Returns phone messages according to protocol at least 98% of
- Providing Test Results
- Provides test results according to protocol at least 98% of the
- Pharmacy Refills
- Accurately completes pharmacy request 100% of the time.
Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Behavior and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Nebraska Methodist Health System Council Bluffs Family
Schedule: Casual, Day Shift, 7:30am-5pm
Keywords: Fly.jobs, Council Bluffs , RN/LPN/MA Clinics Nebraska Methodist Health System - Council Bluffs, IA, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!