Patient Access Rep / Medical Receptionist - Council Bluffs (Full-Time)
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 4, 2022
OrthoNebraska is currently seeking a Patient Access
Representative to join our team! This position assists our patients
with check-in processes, medical record documentation, and
insurance verification. This Patient Access Representative will
provide coverage for our OrthoNebraska Clinic located in Council
Bluffs. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
Position Full-Time Shift Days FTE/Hours 1.0 FTE / 40 hours Schedule
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm What you will do in this role:
- Provide exceptional customer service through face to face and
- Accurately and efficiently register patients and verify
insurance eligibility in a timely manner
- Collect time of service and account balance payments from
patients in a professional manner
- Direct patients and guests to appropriate setting
- Aid with internal and external incoming calls, and transfer to
the appropriate departments
- Utilize interpersonal skills with both internal and external
customers in the daily performance of duties
- Regularly attend and actively participate in meetings
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for patient
rights What makes an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree
- Understanding of medical software, such as Cerner or Intergy,
- Customer service and computer experience.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Understanding the revenue cycle including insurance payers,
billing, and collections is beneficial.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments while meeting
our customer's demands and deadlines.
- Participation by all members to support the team
Keywords: OrthoNebraska, Council Bluffs , Patient Access Rep / Medical Receptionist - Council Bluffs (Full-Time), Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!