Primary Care Team Medical Assistant - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Overview Serves as a member of the Primary Care Team to
collaboratively meet participant needs.Performs ancillary
healthcare services for participants following established
standards and procedures and as directed by medical staff. Supports
and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Responsibilities Key Areas Key Responsibilities and Duties of the
Job 80% Participant Care
- Performs/directs participant care services including, but not
limited to: intake interview, accurate documentation and timely
- Ensures participant is appropriately prepared for care
- Prepares/obtains medical records and other
information/documentation pertinent to participant encounter.
- Assists healthcare providers with exams, treatments,
procedures, documentation, orders and testing as directed, ensuring
that appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to
- Performs phlebotomy, lab procedures and communicates results to
the participant as ordered by medical staff.
- Ensures lab room is clean and without expired items. May order
- Responsible for stocking exam rooms with supplies and linen and
changes out sharps containers.
- Responsible for completion of hazardous surveillance logs.
- Accurately performs basic calculations for appropriate dose,
safely prepares and provides prescribed medications as ordered by
the doctor or nurse practitioner, in accordance with organizational
policy and procedures.
- Performs department related functions including but not limited
- Prepares rooms for daily participant care.
- Disinfects and restocks instruments.
- Cleans and resets exam rooms between participants.
- Orders medications and supplies.
- Collaborates with Supply Inventory Specialist to ensure
necessary supplies are available for participant care.
- Helps orient new employees to clinic through explanation of
- Provides participant and family education pertaining to
healthcare management, disease process, treatment, test(s),
medication and follow-up under direct supervision the Nurse
Supervisor, Primary Care Physician, Nurse Practitioner, or the R.N.
Also maintains/updates patient education materials and consent
- Receives, prioritizes, documents and responds to incoming calls
- Responsible for additional projects and/or special assignments,
serves on committee/task force as assigned.
- Perform clerical and reception duties for participants,
physicians/providers and staff following established standards and
- Maintains and promotes a professional attitude by providing
safe and effective support and assistance to co-workers in the
delivery of participant care.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and approach with
participants, families, and all others.
- Provides back up for the Medical Receptionist. 15% Compliance
- Follows all Immanuel Pathways policies and procedures and OSHA
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures,
results, and information about participants or families.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA regulations. 5% Other
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required
staff and training meetings.
- Maintains required certifications up to date. Qualifications
- Requires successful completion of an accredited Medical
- Nebraska: Current Medication Aide 40- Hour on the Medication
Aide Registry is required. The successful candidate must obtain
certification or registration within 24 months of hire with one (1)
of the following:
- CMA: requires active certification as a Certified Medical
Assistant by AAMA or a National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
through the National Center for Competency Testing, or
- RMA: requires active registration as a Registered Medical
Assistant by AMT Experience-
- Completion of externship requirements as required by graduating
- One (1) year of ancillary healthcare experience.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly
population required, or completion of job specific training related
to working with the elderly population must be completed within the
first six months of hire. Other Requirements-
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have
means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External
Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable,
certified or registered) to practice the job's functions and
actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed. KSA-
Knowledge Skills and Abilities- .
- Knowledge of medical assistant theory and practice.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of medical codes.
- Knowledge of the various disciplines to assess the needs of the
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with clinic management and nursing staff,
participants, and co-workers.
- Skilled in using time and resources efficiently and
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and
follow-up on delegated responsibilities.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
email, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to apply all knowledge and skill requirements.
Keywords: Immanuel, Council Bluffs , Primary Care Team Medical Assistant - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!