Caregiver - $14.00-$15.00/hour
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 11, 2022
REM Iowa, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for
adults and children with intellectual and developmental
disabilities and other complex challenges.
Caregiver/Direct Support Professional - Opportunities available at
REM Iowa in Council Bluffs!
You can make a difference by providing care to individuals with
various needs and disabilities such as behavioral, developmental,
physical, and mental health. Through this rewarding work you'll
develop strong bonds with individuals you serve and your coworkers
making work feel like spending time with family.
Schedule options depend on program however we can typically work
with your availability and offer options such as:
- Full-time part-time, and on-call/ "as needed"
- Early mornings, days, evenings, overnights, and weekends
Starting Wage: $ 14.00-$15.00
As a Caregiver you will support people with activities of daily
living such as:
- Transporting to medical appointments, errands, shopping or
activities in your community
- Providing guidance with social skills, advocacy, self
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, grooming, preparing
meals, and assisting with medication administration
- Assisting individuals to redirect challenging behaviors
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing required
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of local, state, and nationwide background
- A reliable, responsible attitude
- A compassionate approach and a commitment to quality in
everything you do
- Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
What we offer you:
- Full-time, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Annual wage increases
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working
alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based
specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live
a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality
services and individualized supports that lead to growth and
independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or
behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for
more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to
innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Keywords: Sevita, Council Bluffs , Caregiver - $14.00-$15.00/hour, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!