RN/LPN Staff Nurse - Work 24 hours a week and get paid for 40 hours
Company: Christian Horizons
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Overview:Work 24 hours a week and get paid for 40 hours!
Unbelievable but true. Apply at Risen Son Christian Village
At Risen Son Christian Village (a part of Christian Horizons),
you'll find a rewarding place to work with the satisfaction that
comes from living your purpose and making a real difference in the
lives of others. You'll find an incredible spirit in our
communities. It's in the smiles of our residents and the dedication
of our associates. It inspires all who share our mission - from
chefs and managers to nurses, housekeepers and chaplain. Remarkable
people work here and there's a place here for you.
Founded in 1962, our God-centered mission continues today. Our
mission is to cultivate a compassionate and positive environment
where living means thriving, where residents lead the abundant life
they were intended to lead.
OPPORTUNITYWe are looking for a compassionate and talented RN/LPN
to join our nursing team as staff nurse.
The health and safety of our associates and residents is a
priority. To this end, effective NOV 15, flu and Covid-19
vaccinations will be a condition of employment with the exception
of an approved accommodation. Vaccines are offered free of
- Competitive Wages including Shift Differentials
- PathwayPay (daily pay) - Get your pay, when you need it.
- Consistent Assignments
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group
Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks
- Make daily rounds of all Residents within the unit.
- Administer and chart all medications on shift, as directed by
- Participate in change of shift reports.
- Act as liaison between the physician, family, and other
departments in the community.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each Resident by
consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their
- Participate in Resident care planning process as assigned.
- Use proper equipment and techniques to ensure safety of
Residents and staff.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and timely,
following all community policies and procedures.
- Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff,
volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate
dependability and punctuality.
- Assist with orientation of new employees to their duties
according to the corporate guidelines.
- Demonstrate consistent management of staff and resources.
- Use proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal
procedures in accordance with corporate policies and
- Participate in all in-services and activities as required.
- Follow all written and oral directions as given by
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but
not limited to safety, infection control, Residents' rights, and
those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health
information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either
during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to
Residents' protected health information.Qualifications:
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
state license required.
- Able to follow written and oral directions.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate dependability, cooperation, and interest in the
care of the elderly.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a
desire to continuously learn.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal
tactfully with personnel, Residents, families, visitors, government
agencies, and the general public.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined
by Christian Horizons' background check policy, with no
disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more
of the offenses defined within.Post to CareerBuilder: #CB
Keywords: Christian Horizons, Council Bluffs , RN/LPN Staff Nurse - Work 24 hours a week and get paid for 40 hours, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!