Respiratory Therapist $3,000 sign-on bonus
Company: Oakland Manor
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Respiratory TherapistWe Part Time openings on all
shifts!Respiratory Therapist Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- $3,000 sign-on bonus opportunity for qualifying candidate
- Commuting stipend provided for candidates residing more than 20
miles from work location. Oakland Manor is located in Oakland, IA
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
offered including other voluntary benefits
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay - Get early access to earned
wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages
at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.Respiratory
Therapist Essential Functions:
- Monitoring patient physiological responses to therapy such as
arterial blood gases, vital signs or blood chemistry, and lung
function changes, and consulting with physicians if there are
- Working as part of a team of health care professionals to
manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures.
- Setting up and operating devices including therapeutic gas
administration apparatus, mechanical ventilators, environmental
control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Following specified parameters of treatment.
- Providing emergency care, such as external cardiac massage,
artificial respiration, or assistance with cardiopulmonary
- Inspecting, testing, cleaning, and maintaining respiratory
therapy equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and
- Maintaining charts that contain patient identification and
- Measuring arterial blood gases, reading prescriptions, lung
capacity, and reviewing other information to assess patient
- Relaying blood analysis results to a physician.
- Making emergency visits to resolve equipment problems when
- Ordering equipment repairs when necessary.
- Explaining health care treatment procedures to patients to gain
- Checking pulmonary function in patients.
- Other duties as assigned Respiratory Therapist Skills:
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff
- Ability to maintain confidentialityRespiratory Therapist
- One year of nursing experience preferred
- Completion of an accredited respiratory therapy program or
technical college course for respiratory therapy.
- Registration or certification by the national board for
respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current RCP license in the state of practice.
- Current RN or LPN license in the state of practice.
- Respiratory care, emergency care, and intensive care
- Must possess a valid and current driver license and auto
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross.
- Strong knowledge of pulmonary function and pulmonary
- Experience with respiratory equipment.
- AAP/EEO StatementOur facility provides equal employment
opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state,
federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment,
including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers,
compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in
workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide
equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are
properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their
employment, without regard to employees' legally-protected
characteristics ("protected class") including: age, sex, race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping,
or genetic information.
Keywords: Oakland Manor, Council Bluffs , Respiratory Therapist $3,000 sign-on bonus, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!