Registered Nurse- Hospice (RN)
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: June 23, 2022
* $10,000 sign on bonus*
Full time hours
Responsible for identifying and coordinating care for terminally
ill patients and their families in homes, skilled nursing
facilities or residential care facilities. Frequency of
patient/family contacts will be at the discretion of the RN who is
the patient case manager responsible for leadership and oversight
of the entire interdisciplinary plan of care. The RN endeavors to
utilize teaching, assessment and intervention sills to provide
comfort care and maximize the quality of life for patients and
* Assesses patient/family needs, aware of the physical, emotional,
and spiritual aspects and gathers data on social, economic and
cultural factors which may influence health, well-being and quality
of life at all stages of care from referral to post death.
* Assists patients, family members and all contacts according to
the general performance standards, demonstrating organizational
values with all interactions.
* Provides direct care to patients with in the RN scope of practice
and consistent with organizational, professional and industry
* Evaluates and performs ongoing assessments and revises written
plan of care with Interdisciplinary collaboration as the needs and
conditions of the patient/family changes.
* Authorizes, coordinates and supervises care, as prescribed in the
Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, with all team members and
contracted vendors in order to meet the needs of the patient.
* Attends and participates in IDG meetings as defined by the
* Documents accurate and ongoing patient information, with in the
patient medical record. All documentation is complete according to
organizational, and professional standards. All documentation is
completed as it occurs. Documentation includes but is not limited
to: patient assessments, needs and goals, interventions, patient's
response to care, patient/family teaching, and all communications
regarding the patient.
* Able to perform all required clinical skills as defined in
orientation and utilize procedure manual for all procedures.
* Participates in agency's on-call rotation as prescribed by the
needs of the agency to provide nursing services to clients when
required outside of office hours.
* Takes part, when possible, to meet a patient/family's need for
continuous care in time of crisis.
* Coordinates community resources and other agency disciplines
participating in patient care.
* Minimizes non-productive time and slow periods with activities to
prepare to meet the future needs of the agency.
* Leads, supervises and maintains ongoing effective communication
with other hospice personnel involved with patient care. This may
involve formal and informal meetings outside of IDG.
* Participates in hospice and community health programs as required
to promote the growth and understanding of the hospice philosophy,
including but not limited to, hospice education presentations.
* Establishes hospice aide plan of care and directly supervises the
care provided by hospice aides per regulations.
* Actively participates in team meetings, committees and quality
improvement planning and processes.
* Ability to obtain Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse within
24-36 months of employment if full-time or part-time status.
* Current and valid Iowa RN license
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Home health/hospice experience highly desirable
* Minimum of one year professional nursing experience preferred
* Strong keyboarding and computer skills with the ability to learn
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
* Mandatory Reporter of Child and Dependent Adult abuse training
certification (within 30 days of hire)
* Must have valid driver's license, auto liability insurance and
reliable transportation if driving is required
* Successful completion of pre-employment physical, drug screen,
2-step TB test and background check
* Physical requirements: Medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical activities: bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling,
fingering and gripping and reaching
* Environment: Hazards (chemicals, infectious diseases),
Atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases)
* Travel: Required between locations
* Time: Work hours based on patient-driven census model
These characteristics are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You
may be required to perform other duties to meet the on-going needs
of the organization.
EveryStep is an equal opportunity employer. Employment practices
are implemented without regard to race, creed, color, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, genetic
information or on the basis of age or physical or mental disability
unrelated to ability to perform the work required.
Keywords: Everystep, Council Bluffs , Registered Nurse- Hospice (RN), Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!