Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Childrens Square U.S.A.
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: June 24, 2022
FT/PT and Flexible scheduling. Now offering tuition assistance!
Children's Square USA is currently seeking nursing staff to care
for youth ages 0-18 years residing in the Children's Square
Residential Treatment Program and Emergency Youth Shelter. Youth
served in either of these programs often have complex physical and
mental health needs. We are are looking for a Registered Nurse to
be a part of our continuum of care, recognizing the importance of
integrated physical health and behavioral health treatment. The
professional we are seeking will have the vision, courage, and will
to positively impact the health and wellness of our most vulnerable
youth. Nursing staff are responsible for the medical care,
medication administration, assessment, treatment, infection
control, and first aid for staff, students and visitors.
This professional will also work within our Integrated Health
Services Program and will triage and assess the nursing care needs
of children with behavioral and/or mental health conditions as a
member of a community child health team. Working as a member of the
Integrated Health Services team, the RN will utilize the principles
of family-centered, community-based, comprehensive and culturally
competent care in the provision of services to children with
behavioral and/or mental health care needs and their families.
The ideal candidate will hold a current RN Iowa Nursing License. A
minimum of two years experience in pediatric health or public
health nursing, preferred. Full- and 3/4-time employees are
eligible for a comprehensive benefits package. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assessment, treatment and referral necessary to ensure
good health care for all students.
- Oversee medication management for all the programs and ensure
that it is conducted according to the best practice, policy and
procedures and licensing.
- Work with the infection control consultant to identify,
analyze, report and control infections for students and staff.
- Actively participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team
to accomplish quality treatment planning and implementation.
- Handle lab tests for students as ordered, following agency
policies and procedures.
- Know the licensing and accreditation standards that apply to
health services and implement them.
- Promote a positive team and work environment that will
facilitate the fulfillment of the agency mission.
- Provides nursing care for assigned students as efficiently as
- Communicates relevant student information to other treatment
team members using the formats established by Children's Square
policy and procedure.
- Follow agency policies and procedures regarding the review of
physical interventions and the reporting of suspected child
- Provide education on medical needs, procedures and medications
to students, their families and to staff as needed.
- Provide timely, accurate assessment and appropriate follow up
- Work on the shift in the residential treatment program or
- Facilitate communication between the families and care
providers and serve as an advocate for the child and family.
- Provide care coordination services regarding resources and
referral to the family of the child with behavioral and/or mental
health care needs, assisting the child and family to utilize
community, regional ro tertiary health care resources in order to
restore, maintain and promote health.
- Provide on call/telephone consultation on a rotating basis. May
be required to meet clients after hours for crisis management.
- Provide planning and care coordination functions such as:
follow up contacts with the family and community partners;
coordinate and triage referrals; work with referral sources and
agencies. Plan and lead family meetings to meet the needs of the
child and family.
- Serve as liaison with community care providers, including
primary care and tertiary care providers, by providing expert
knowledge related to service systems needed by children with mental
and/or behavioral health care needs and their families.
- Assist the family to obtain necessary knowledge of health care
financing entities such as Medicaid, EPSDT, SSI, state waivers,
Iowa Cares and the hawk-i program.
- Assist the family, as appropriate, to follow through with the
child's treatment recommendations and with the coordination of
community services. QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current license as an RN in the state of Iowa.
- Psychiatric experience with children preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply licensing, accreditation and
policies and procedures to daily work.
- Ability to decide on appropriate treatments, medication actions
and dietary changes essential.
- Ability to work in therapeutic team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish
relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Basic computer skills required, which includes using email,
Word, Excel, electronic health record (EHR) systems, portals,
- Database experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity
and responsiveness to cultural differences in the service
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Must be able to interact and work cooperatively and effectively
with other personnel and clients
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable
under agencys insurance.
Keywords: Childrens Square U.S.A., Council Bluffs , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!