Director of Nursing (DON) $10,000 sign-on bonus
Company: Oakland Manor
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: July 30, 2022
At Oakland Manor, we deliver the highest quality of care for
every resident through our most valuable asset: you. We seek
compassionate and thoughtful individuals who share our passion for
exceptional care in senior living. Oakland Manor partners with a
vast network of skilled nursing centers across 3 states to support
our small team environment of caring professionals with the
resources and benefits of a large enterprise. Your legacy of
excellence begins when you join us at Oakland Manor.
Pay, Benefits and Perks of Director of Nursing (DON):
- $10,000 sign-on bonus for qualifying candidate!
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Immediately accrue paid time off (PTO) as you work! (full-time
- 6 Observed Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Up to $5,000 per in tuition/education reimbursement per
calendar year for approved program of study
- Take home up to 75% of your net earned wages at the end of
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company-matched contributions after
1 year of employment
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental, Vision, Life and other
voluntary Insurances for full-time employees Essential Functions of
Director of Nursing (DON):
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to
their safety and comfort consistent with Company Clinical Policies
and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and
- Initiates the development and implementation of policies and
procedures that govern the nursing staff in collaboration with
- Responsible for the provision of nursing services 24 hours a
day, seven days a week.
- Establish and maintain job specification and descriptions for
- Address and support cultural practices if such practices do not
harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical
- Recommend modifications, additions, or deletions to nursing
staffing plans to ensure reasonable hours and acceptable working
conditions to provide optimal resident care coverage.
- Assure that each resident s accident or incident is fully
documented and reported in accordance with Company Clinical
Policies and Procedures and state/federal guidelines and
- Represent nursing staff on various committees, Infection
Prevention and Control, Pain Management, Performance Improvement,
and Quality Assurance.
- Make rounds to all nursing units daily.
- Participate in performance improvement functions by collecting
and verifying data, as needed.
- Consult other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the resident s needs.
- Ensure licensed nurses perform head-to-toe assessments and
reassessments on all residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geriatric residents and evaluate
licensed nurse s abilities to asses and reassess residents.
- Ability to interpret results of test and procedures; take
- Assess residents on admission and at least once per shift, as
well as when conditions change and document appropriately.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess residents pain,
utilize appropriate pain management techniques, and education
resident and family on pain management.
- Interpret test results and take appropriate action on
- Promote and support the greatest possible degree of
independence for residents.
- Contribute knowledge of residents conditions and document
observations as required.
- Promote a safe and clean hazard-free environment for residents,
family members, and staff members.
- Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any
malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
- Abide by the Company Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse
- Notify physician of changes in resident s condition and follow
through until appropriate action is taken.
- Follow through, as needed, on information given by shift
report, resident or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implement plan of care for the resident based on assessments
and goals as established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Plan and coordinate with Administrator, utilizing the
respective service managers for planning the budgeting requirements
for staff, performance of work, supplies, and equipment.
- Responsible for cost controls to ensure maximum effectiveness
of funds expended from approved department budgets.
- Follows infection prevention and control procedures and
supervises supportive staff in infection prevention and control
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency
- Perform other task and duties as assigned. Qualifications &
Skills of Director of Nursing (DON):
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN, 5 yrs nursing management experience required
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff
Requirements of Director of Nursing (DON):
- Current RN licensure required EEO Statement:
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are
committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that
prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment,
hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits,
training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and
recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for
employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able
to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to
employees legally-protected characteristics ("protected class")
including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical
condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
Keywords: Oakland Manor, Council Bluffs , Director of Nursing (DON) $10,000 sign-on bonus, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!