Psychiatric Medical Director
Company: Heartland Family Service
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: August 3, 2022
At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a
culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity
and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery
and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various
experiences and uniqueness to the workplace. Trauma Informed Care
is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that
recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the
role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care
also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on
our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive
working environments and relationships. If you believe in our
mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a
fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then
Heartland Family Service is the agency for you. SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
OF WORK This position will act as the psychiatric medical director,
as well as carry a caseload of behavioral health clients including
adults and children. They will also be an advisor for all
Behavioral Health clinical programs. The psychiatric medical
director will supervise the medical practice of agency prescribers
including residents, APRN, physician assistants, and psychiatrists.
This person will provide psychiatric expertise for complex cases
and quality assurance systems. They will assist in overseeing the
compliance of the agency's behavioral health services to applicable
community standards of care and to State and Federal laws and
rules, accreditation entities and other regulatory requirements.
Compensation and Work Schedule: to be discussed during interview.
Click to see benefits and company perks Essential Duties and
- Work with the Program Director of Psychiatric Services to
oversee the recruitment, placement, and oversight of contracted or
staff psychiatric personnel.
- Provide clinical staff training and consultation.
- Clinical supervision of agency prescribers including residents,
APRN, Physician Assistants, and psychiatrists.
- Develop and review relevant clinical policies, procedures,
protocols, and practice standards to ensure compliance with
- Provide qualitative file review and participate in the process
of quality improvement to ensure the quality of psychiatric
- Works with the Program Director of Psychiatric Services to
enhance cooperation between relevant departments.
- Supervise medication assisted treatment implementation and
provide clinical oversight of the program.
- Educates public regarding psychiatry as applied to department
responsibilities via media contacts, public forums, etc.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the
clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Maintains regular, prompt attendance at the office on a
consistent and reliable basis
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies,
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial,
ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability
to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically,
and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned
- Create, maintain and share as appropriate a dynamic self-care
- Strive to make connections between the agency and the larger
community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency s
ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company
physical work site or designated workspace. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- M.D. or D.O. with specialty in Psychiatry
- Valid license in both Iowa and Nebraska or willing to become
licensed in both states.
- Valid DEA in both Iowa and Nebraska. Controlled Substance
Registration in Iowa also required.
- Completion of Waiver in Medication Assisted Treatment
- Experienced in:
- The practice and values of Community Psychiatry including the
recovery model and a belief in client choice and autonomy
- Integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders,
- Principles of trauma informed care and democratic therapeutic
- Healthy organizational functioning and dynamics
- Medication Assisted Treatment provision, including
- Experience in child and youth psychiatric care preferred
- Valid liability insurance with limits not below $1 million per
occurrence or $3 million aggregate.
- Valid driver s license / acceptable driving record
Keywords: Heartland Family Service, Council Bluffs , Psychiatric Medical Director, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!