Nurse Practitioner - Council Bluffs - Casual
Company: Omaha Children's Hospital
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Schedule: Casual Position - Day, Evening, Weekend and Holiday
hours availableWe're searching for a Nurse Practitioner, Council
Bluffs to be responsible for providing comprehensive health care
based on scope of practice for an advanced practice registered
nurse within the specialty of pediatrics and in collaboration with
the physician(s) within the office and in accordance with Childrens
Physicians policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- In collaboration with physician(s), assesses patient,
synthesizes and analyzes data, orders diagnostic tests and
therapeutic treatments, and evaluates clinical outcomes.
- Completes an accurate assessment (history and physical
examination) of the pediatric patient.
- Syntheses and analyses data obtained through assessment to
develop a comprehensive plan of care that is individualized and
reflects patient care needs and includes interventions and
treatments to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements plan by writing appropriate medical orders.
- Uses jointly approved protocols appropriately, if
- Evaluates and revises plan as indicated by changes in patient
condition or needs.
- Communicates medical plan to caregivers, staff members and
- Demonstrates proper use of laboratory and x-ray to assist in
diagnosis and interprets results correctly.
- Demonstrates understanding of caregiver dynamics involved in
the ill pediatric patient.
- Assesses the educational needs of patients/caregivers and
develops/implements the educational plan in collaboration with
other healthcare professionals.
- Prescribes controlled substances related to the patients health
conditions within the scope of practice of the advanced practice
registered nurse and according to state statutes.
- Responds appropriately in crisis situations or life-threatening
- Uses sound medical/clinical judgment during care for the
- Consults/collaborates with physicians as indicated.
- Uses jointly approved protocols to guide decision making, if
- Stays within Scope of Practice.
- Documents assessments, plan of care, interventions and patient
response to treatment.
- Assumes leadership role to establish and monitor standards of
practice to improve patient care including recommending ways to
improve clinical practice, participation in related educational
activities, utilizes and/or participates in research, participation
in professional organizations and performance improvement teams,
and incorporation of new clinical information into practice.
- Serves as a role model for staff by facilitating, supporting,
mentoring, taking initiative, and practicing proactive problem
- Serves as a reliable and visible resource for staff.
- Conducts or utilizes research and new clinical information to
recommend ways to improve clinical practice.
- Participates in educational activities and networking related
- Seeks experiences and learning opportunities related to
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Serves on Performance Improvement teams as needed.
- Assures that clinical practice meets national standards of
- Coordinates project or program development and effective
- Prescribes therapeutic measures and medications according to
the State of Nebraska APRN/NP Statutes, as approved in his/her
individualized Scope of Service, according to Childrens Hospital
- Dispenses, incident to practice only, sample medications, which
are provided by the manufacturer and are provided at no charge to
- Prescribes therapeutic measures and medications, except
controlled substances listed as Schedule II, related to health
conditions within scope of practice.
- Directs other team members in the delivery of patient care as
determined by the needs of the patientKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsEDUCATION AND
- Masters degree or Doctoral from an accredited college or
university in nursing and completed an approved advanced practice
registered nurse program in the specialty of pediatrics
- Minimum of two years pediatric nursing experience required,
including minimum 1 year experience as a nurse practitioner in a
pediatric environment preferred
- Previous pediatric nurse practitioner experience in a physician
office/clinic setting preferredCERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE
- Current and valid license as an Advanced Practice Registered
Nurse Nurse Practitioner (APRN-NP) in the state of IA/compact state
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
- Certification in the specialty of pediatrics through American
Nurses Credentialing Center (AANC) or the Pediatric Nursing
Certification Board (PNCB) required. Current and valid nationally
recognized pediatric nurse practitioner primary care certification
is required if currently working within CP.
- Maintain active Federal DEA license required. Must be obtained
within 30 days of hire.
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition &
Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, exceptions
to this requirement are as follows:
- Incumbent holds another position within Childrens where PALS is
required, PALS will be required in lieu of PEARS.
- Incumbent holds active PALS, PALS will be accepted in lieu of
PEARS until it expires, at which time PEARS will be required prior
to the expiration of PALS.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- An exception will be granted to employees hired prior to
01/01/2021 which allows for their advanced certification to be as a
Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing
Center (AANC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
(AANP)-see above.EOE/Vet/DisabledMake a meaningful difference
improving the lives of children!At Childrens, the regions only
full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the
very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and
professional development in an environment of excellence and
inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued.
Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and
spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children.
Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing
brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.Requisition
ID : 18802
Keywords: Omaha Children's Hospital, Council Bluffs , Nurse Practitioner - Council Bluffs - Casual, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!