Company: Durham Staffing Solutions
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Our client is seeking a skilled Behavioral Health Clinical
Supervisor to aid in building services in their Council Bluffs,
Iowa office. The selected individual will network, help promote
site programming, and assist with building positive working
relationships within the community. If you are looking for a
leadership behavioral health opportunity, apply today! Job
- Administer direction, planning, development, coordination, and
supervision of the Behavioral Health programming assigned.
- Provide clinical supervision and day-to-day oversight for
assigned licensed therapist/counselor staff.
- Provide direct services to clients and provide back-up to staff
as needed. Key Accountabilities Clinical Supervision:
- Provide clinical supervision to therapists/counselors and
regularly schedule individual supervision for the purpose of
developing treatment strategy, reviewing caseload and increasing
skills of each clinician.
- Assist in establishing professional development/education plans
with assigned staff and ensure implementation.
- Coordinate practicum student supervision as necessary.
- Provide back-up and on-call crisis assistance to clients and
staff as needed.
- Oversee implementation and ongoing fidelity of evidence-based
practices. Program Development:
- Provide leadership and consultation to help in the
stabilization and growth of outpatient services, including open
access and walk-in services.
- Locate funding sources to financially sustain the program,
develop and coordinate recruitment activities, and market program
through key contacts in the community.
- Develop and implement recruitment activities, including
providing public speaking at churches, schools, and other community
- Market the program through identification of key contacts in
the community and throughout the state and the development of
positive working relationships with key persons/organizations.
- Supervises and coordinates clinical training and education
- Supervises and coordinates behavioral health services across
agency programs, as well as with external agencies and
organizations. Clinical Direct Service:
- Maintain a small caseload of direct service hours in order to
maintain skillset and stay current with industry trends and
practices. Document as required.
- Provide mental health and/or substance abuse and dependency
assessments and treatment interventions to individuals, couples and
families in order to effect change for growth and healing.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed, including in emergency
- Develop and professionally facilitate therapeutic groups for
mental health/chemically dependent persons.
- Design and deliver educational/therapeutic workshops, classes,
or programs to meet the identified needs of family
- Continuously review and update program participants mental
health/CD needs for symptoms and behaviors and adjust treatment
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of area mental health
and substance abuse treatment and service resources that can
augment active CD treatment and provide for pre-discharge aftercare
and support service options that may be necessary for clients to
maintain sobriety following treatment. Qualifications
- Master s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling,
Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology with a current
independent license to practice the profession in the state of Iowa
- Dual licensure or ability to gain licensure in both Iowa and
Nebraska preferred. LADC preferred.
- Minimum of two years post masters human services
- Knowledge of theory and best practice standards for the
treatment of traumatized persons and groups.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Ability to manage budget and other resources.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Knowledge of program development and building relationships in
the service community.
- Valid driver s license, proof of liability insurance, and
ability to drive for Agency business.
Keywords: Durham Staffing Solutions, Council Bluffs , Clinical Supervisor, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...