Company: Methodist Health System
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?At Nebraska
Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to
the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The
Meaning of Care - a culture that has and will continue to set us
apart. It's helping families grow by making each delivery special,
conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going
above and beyond for a patient's needs, or giving a high five when
a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work
environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our
employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the
communities we live and work in.Job Summary:Responsibilities:
Essential Functions 1. Provides appropriate care specific to the
age of the customer/patient, to ensure understanding and comfort
level of treatment, as outlined in the Age Specific Criteria.
- Gives individualized customer service/patient care.
- Completes age specific competency assessment.2. Exhibits
excellent interpersonal relations with patients, co-workers,
physicians, and guests to ensure effective communications.
- Responds to patient needs promptly and courteously.
- Obtains feedback from patients and visitors regarding their
- Communicates patient issues to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains a positive attitude while responding to requests in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates with other members of the health care team (food
service, secretaries, housekeeping, etc.) as indicated.
- Actively participates in report process.3. Completes clinical
activities identified in the patient's plan of care to meet
patients' comfort/activity/sleep needs and other clinical patient
needs as delegated by professional staff.
- Reports patient comfort needs to nurse in a timely manner.
- Assures that skin is clean and dry.
- Reports any noticed skin changes.
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL (activities of
- Provides assistance with repositioning, turning and chair
- Assists as necessary with ambulation.
- Completes vital signs per patient's plan of care.
- Weighs patients per patient's plan of care.
- Reinforce patient education.
- Provides transportation assistance.
- Reports any variation from patient's plan of care to
- Attends to patient amenities; e.g., newspaper, mail.4.
Documents all data collected, in Cerner and/or on worksheets,
accurately, completely, and in a timely manner to provide an
accurate record of patient activities and response to activities.
- Documentation is completed in an ongoing basis prior to end of
- Documentation reflects patient's responses to activities
according to patient's plan of care.
- Documentation reflects care delivered.5. Provides housekeeping
activities to contribute to a safe, efficient, effective and
sanitary patient care environment.
- Completes daily room cleaning according to established
procedures for high dusting, vacuuming, mopping hard surface
floors, disinfecting vertical surfaces, and spot cleaning vertical
- Keep rooms neat and tidy, free of clutter.
- Removes trash and soiled linen from room each shift and as
- Maintains patient environment, such as spills and room
temperature, or actively utilizes Integrated Services team to do so
- Distributes linens to servitors per par levels.
- Straightens and restocks patient care areas per par
- Attends to patient amenities; e.g., newspapers, mail, watering
plants.6. Consistently recognizes and utilizes measures to provide
for safe, efficient, patient care and work environment.
- Answers Call Lights in a timely manner and response to the
patient request and/or relays request to appropriate resource when
- Performs other duties as delegated/under the direction of the
- Assures coverage of all duties when self or other staff are off
the nursing unit.
- Assists other team members when own work is complete.
- Appropriately reports incidents.
- Utilizes Standard Precautions and Transmission-based
Precautions infection control techniques correctly and
consistently.7. Directly responsible to the staff nurse and assists
in the care of the patient by performing delegated activities
utilizing the reciprocal process of the 4 Rights of Delegation.
- Right task (within the scope of practice, according to the job
description, and based on the desired outcome, task routine,
non-complex, low risk and predictable outcome).
- Right person (assess competency by certification/licensure, job
description, skills checklist, demonstrated skill).
- Right communication (clear, concise, correct, complete).
- Right feedback: The Reciprocal Process (timely, specific,
checkpoints).8. Prepares exam rooms and equipment to facilitate
treatment and examination of patients by setting up
instruments/equipment and supplies.
- Prepares exam rooms and medical equipment according to provider
protocol 95% of the time.
- Rooms are cleaned and prepped in a timely manner.
- Independently manages all sterilization needs for department by
working with sterile processing and ensures all equipment is
retuned to the appropriate room/are within acceptable times.9.
Maintains work areas to ensure healthy environment conditions by
cleaning and organizing equipment, rooms and work spaces.
- Organizes and maintains all clinical care stock.
- Organizes, cleans, and restocks clinical care areas
- Keeps supplies up to date.10. Covers the front reception area
- Serves as back up office assistant.
- Answers phone professionally and utilizes message center as
appropriate and accurately transcribes messages for providers from
- Assist with intake, scheduling, and other duties as
assigned.Schedule:1 day shift a weekJob Description:Contingent
Worker Job Profile About Methodist: Nebraska Methodist Health
System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa,
more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college,
and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility.
From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to
our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance,
health education, outreach to our diverse communities and
populations, and other community benefit activities have always
been central to our mission.Nebraska Methodist Health System is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Council Bluffs , Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...