Therapist - Omaha Outpatient Services
Company: Childrens Square U.S.A.
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Description PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide trauma-informed therapeutic services to children ages 4-18
and their caregivers who are experiencing effects of trauma and
- Maintain direct service unit expectations consistent with that
of a part-time employee.
- The ideal candidate will be able to provide evidenced-based
treatment models in at least one of the following models.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement
Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Parent-Child Interaction
Therapy (PCIT) or Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP).
- Take personal responsibility for insuring that trauma-informed
practices are implemented in all aspects of care.
- Provide counseling and therapy services to individuals and
families, individuals, and couples in order to effect change for
growth and healing.
- Establish and Lead therapeutic groups for specific problem
- Provide follow-up to re-engage clients who fail to appear for
appointments or drop out of treatment.
- Administer baseline and follow-up outcome measures necessary
for program standards.
- Design and deliver educational/therapeutic workshops, classes,
or programs to meet identified needs of groups.
- Assist in the promotion of agency services, workshops, and
- Assume responsibility for building and maintaining a referral
base and caseload.
- Collaborate with other community professionals to provide
maximum positive results with clients.
- Provide consultation for churches, schools, organizations, and
communities in areas related to behavioral health and family
- Follow agency policies and procedures.
- Provide on-call services on a rotational basis as required by
- Integrate cultural considerations within service delivery.
- Displays excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to write in a clear, concise and
easily understood style.
- Efficient verbal communicator. Able to explain thoughts and
concepts in easily understood manner. Is able to communicate
clearly using verbal skills.
- Accurately communicates information to all the necessary
parties in order to coordinate services to the client and/or
- Acts as a resource to give input to other professionals about
the best course of action in difficult client situations.
- Takes initiative to implement good practice and meeting
licensing and accreditation standards.
- Assumes a leadership role in handling a crisis.
- Assesses needs in crisis situations quickly, calmly, and
- Interacts and collaborates professionally and cooperatively
with other parts of the agency (i.e. Human Resources, Academic
Center, Operations, etc.).
- Conducts team meetings with other professionals as the need
arises. Record Keeping
- Maintains accurate, written clinical records of services
provided per established agency/COA standards.
- Timely completion of any provider enrollment forms and reports
needed for third party payers or other outside entities.
- Participates in peer review process as assigned by
- Collects client fees and ensure services have prior
- Ensures services provided are billable and coded properly.
- Maintains documentation of supervision with clinical
supervision/supervising practitioner when applicable.
- Participates in regular supervision sessions for the purpose of
reviewing cases, discussing treatment strategy, and monitoring
- Continues personal and professional growth and development
through reading, research, workshops, seminars and other strategies
that will broaden knowledge on therapeutic approaches and
- Keep all client names, information and other agency business
- Ensures that all office and record security procedures are
- Reports to meetings and training on time.
- Actively participates in a constructive manner.
- Follows agency procedures in use of leave time.
- Represents themselves and the agency in a positive way.
- Uses good telephone skills.
- Uses direct communication.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving/conflict resolution
- Works toward team and agency goals.
- Participates in agency required training.
- Dresses appropriately for the activity being performed.
- Regularly contacts parents and referring workers at least twice
- Builds relationships with referring workers.
- Demonstrates teamwork when collaborating with other
- Builds contacts that facilitate appropriate referrals to other
or additional services.
- Receives positive responses from clients, caregivers, and
referring entity on at least 90% of satisfaction surveys. OTHER
Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Completes assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Is willing to take on additional responsibility in a positive
manner. Completes training necessary to perform position consistent
with program and agency staff development plans.
- Identifies training appropriate to this position.
- Takes responsibility for scheduling and attending appropriate
training (minimum of 40 hours per year). ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of the stages of grown and development.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or other related Mental Health or
- Currently licensed or ability to gain license in Nebraska to
facilitate individual and family therapy (preferred licensed).
- Experience working with trauma and attachment difficulties is
- The ideal candidate will be trained and certified or
certified-ready in at least one of the following Evidenced-based
Treatment Models, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
(TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR),
ParentChild Interaction Therapy (PCIT) or Child-Parent
- Must be able to demonstrate overall knowledge of families and
youth, the child welfare system, family dynamics and the change
- Knowledge of counseling/therapy models and techniques including
the use of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy is essential.
- Demonstrates ability to express concepts and ideas orally and
- Possess a desire to grow, learn and change, and to serve as a
role model for children in care, families, and other team
- Demonstrates ability (Ability) and willingness to travel and to
utilize flexible scheduling is required.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, strong listening
skills, and the ability to establish relationships with a wide
range of individuals.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately handle confidential
- Requires valid driver s license, own vehicle and automobile
insurance that meet agency policy.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with clients and children with
sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic
characteristics in the service population. ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Willing to be flexible in work schedule, including some evening
and weekend work; on call responsibilities.
- Able to consistently function effectively in a busy work
environment, medium to high stress level; may have competing
demands and time lines.
- Bending, lifting, carrying ability to move from building to
building and travel to other sites for service delivery are
requirements of this position. Company Description Children s
Square U.S.A. is a private, not-for profit organization. Founded in
1882, Children s Square U.S.A. has a rich history of caring for
children from birth to 23 and their families, instilling hope and
helping to restore lives.
Our mission: Building a bright future for children and
Our vision: To be a center of excellence empowering over 2,000
children daily to have a bright future through social and emotional
wellness by December 31, 2031
Our employees are the heart of who we are. If you have an interest
in truly making a difference in the life of a child, Children s
Square U.S.A. may just be what you are looking for. Our
mission-focused programming impacts the lives of over 1000 children
and their families each and every day. Be a part of team that cares
and comes to work each day with the desire to build a better
tomorrow for a child.
Children s Square U.S.A. is always looking for talented,
self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are
ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to
continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Children s Square U.S.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that
recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Cancer and Intensive Care Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- New Child Leave
- Unpaid Leave
- Family and Medical Leave . click apply for full job
Keywords: Childrens Square U.S.A., Council Bluffs , Therapist - Omaha Outpatient Services, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...