Student Nurse Tech
Company: CHI Health
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > COUNCIL BLUFFS > MERCY CB
Nursing students can get great practical experience by working as a Student Nurse Tech, a job that recognizes and rewards your nursing education. Our Student Nurse Tech positions at CHI Health, offers a flexible schedule and opportunity to stretch your skills.
Job Summary / Purpose:
This job is responsible for providing nursing care and support to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) in a defined care team and in accordance with assigned tasks and permitted by the Nursing Skills Checklist, with the exception of administering medication. An incumbent assumes responsibility for their own actions taking into consideration clinical experience/education preparation, while being an active student in an accredited nursing program. A school-signed copy of the incumbent s Nursing Skills Checklist is kept on file and updated regularly.
Tasks are assigned by nursing staff in clear, detailed and specific instructions. Employees work as instructed and seek guidance on matters not specifically covered in the original instructions. Work is reviewed through progress checks for accuracy, adequacy and adherence to standards, instructions and established procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort within assigned tasks and permitted by Nursing Skills Checklist, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, enemas, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient based on skill, ability, and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
2. Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within assigned tasks and permitted by Nursing Skills Checklist. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN. Obtains, labels and transports a variety of samples (e.g. urine, stool, sputum specimens and blood products).
3. Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
4. Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
5. Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
6. Maintains a safe work and patient environment, adhering to the hospital s Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Standards and infection prevention.
7. Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives and activities. Participates in growth opportunities.
Current enrollment as a Junior or Senior in an accredited Registered Nurse, Bachelor of Science Degree program or final year in a Registered Nurse, Associate Degree program.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
Must be registered as a Nurse Aide in the state of practice.
Current healthcare provider BLS certification.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- Market: CHI Health Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, coronary, hospice, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychiatric, surgery, tcu
Keywords: CHI Health, Council Bluffs , Student Nurse Tech, Healthcare , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!