Food Server - Amerisports Bar - Part Time
Company: Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Don't just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Ameristar
Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think you'll enjoy an exciting
industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic
co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in
the industry. An individual could be successful if they possess the
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and
procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Greets and welcomes each guest seated in assigned station.
- Takes food and beverage orders, delivers prepared food
promptly, and checks with table periodically to ensure guest
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu
(i.e., preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients, and plate
- Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest
- Up-sells appetizers, beverages, and desserts in accordance with
restaurant service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system
to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Resolves service issues according to established
- Itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct
- Assists bus persons, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning, and
- Wipes counter areas, sinks, and floors as required to maintain
a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in
accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda
and juice dispensers, coffee machines, etc.) as scheduled, or
required; operates and maintains equipment as required in
accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can
give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of food server experience in a
high-volume, full-service restaurant.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and
- Must have knowledge of table service procedures and table
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Available to work required schedule, which may include nights,
weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed. Penn National Gaming is
more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United
States and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our
departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any
skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our
guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working
environment. Equal Opportunity Employer Not ready to apply? Connect
with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs , Food Server - Amerisports Bar - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!