Team Leader Core Lab
Company: Methodist Health System
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- Provide day-to-day management of operations and staffing in the
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (BS) is in a chemical, physical, or
biological or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Additional education in management and/or leadership
- Minimum three years of progressively more responsible
experience in a clinical laboratory environment as a MLT/MT/MLS
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Registered by the ASCP or equivalent certifying agency
- Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical
Laboratory Scientist (MT/MLS/CLS).
- Knowledge of laboratory processes, standards, and
- Ability to supervise, train, mentor, discipline, and evaluate
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks, problem-solve,
prioritize, and delegate work assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, applicants, all
levels of hospital/health system/clinic staff and individuals
external to the organization.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend various written reports
and documents required.
- Skilled in critical thinking for determining alternative
solutions or solving problems required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for positive
interaction with staff and customers.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office - including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1-33%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Perform duties of a Technologist/Laboratory Scientist.
- Accurately perform, evaluate appropriateness, and report
tests/analyses requested on patient specimens.
- Perform Quality Control, Calibrations, and routine
- Assist in directing the daily workflow.
- Maintain appropriate staffing by developing and assigning work
- Post hours to be filled in conjunction with
- Participate in interviews and hiring of new staff members in
conjunction with Supervisors/Manager/Director.
- Responsible for staff employee relations including disciplinary
action and terminations.
- Maintain positive work environment.
- Is a role model.
- Encourage teamwork.
- Provide rewards and recognition to promote staff
- Conduct staff meetings/team huddles to exchange and share
information, problem solve issues, and recognize achievements and
areas of needed improvement.
- Standards and Accountability
- Adhere to safety and infection control guidelines.
- Create, update, and revise policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with accrediting agencies.
- Responsible for participation in the completion of
probationary/annual performance evaluations for staff members.
- Direct observation of staff performance at regular
- Address areas of concern on an individual basis and at staff
- Collaborate with providers and other disciplines as
- Report issues/trends to Supervisor/Manager/Director.
- Participate in, or ensures preparedness for, CAP-Accreditation
Program and other regulatory inspections both onsite and
- Assure that operations are managed efficiently while
- Assist Supervisor/Manager/Director in establishing and
operating within annual area budget.
- Identify supply and equipment utilization problems and ensure
- Participate in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures and/or external agencies and as
directed by laboratory and hospital leadership.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Council Bluffs , Team Leader Core Lab, Hospitality & Tourism , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!