Restaurant Supervisor (JB's Cafe, Horseshoe)
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: August 3, 2022
JBs Caf is open to satisfy appetites at Horseshoe Council
Bluffs. This casual dining restaurant features signature
sandwiches, soups, salads, and burgers. Ask about our hiring bonus
during the HR interview. ABOUT US: Caesars Entertainment is Blazing
the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program.
Full-time team members are able to choose from five different
medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have
an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team
members also have a variety of options with dental and vision
plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team
members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits
jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment. Salaried
Team Members can enroll in medical, dental and vision benefits at
day one of employment. They are also able to enjoy Flexible Time
Off at day one of employment. Additional benefits include the
option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a
wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able
to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift.
This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide
variety of beverages. JOB SUMMARY:
- Establishes and implements sequence of service to ensure
consistent high-quality service standards are maintained.
- Indirectly responsible for maintaining back of house operations
with all set culinary and operational standards and specifications
and share responsibility of overall outlet budgets, profit and loss
statements, cost analysis, labor analysis, planning and promotions
with the Room Chef.
- Responsibility of outlet budgets, profit and loss statements,
cost analysis, planning and promotions with Room Chef.
- Monitors appearance of all foods and communicates deviations
from standard to Room Chef.
- Compiles annual budget, variance reports, weekly management
reports, comp reports, linen/glass/silver/menu inventory and any
other reports deemed necessary by the Director of Food &
- Oversees all follow-up work to ensure non-recurrence of
cashiering errors; works closely with Accounting and Audit to
ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Provides the highest level of customer service, managing and
resolving in person and phone customer service issues, in an
efficient and courteous manner.
- Responsible for scheduling (planning, assigning and directing
work) to meet business demands to ensure optimal operations and
customer satisfaction during all business hours.
- Achieves desired results in all areas of responsibility through
staff development and training programs, established methods,
procedures and guidelines to maintain desired standards, and
high-quality service. Then, monitors results through inspection,
evaluation and analysis. Makes changes if necessary to achieve end
- Supervisory accountability for all team members for day to day
and long-term operations to include hiring, training and developing
employees which includes coaching, mentoring and appropriate
performance management up to and including separation.
- Ensures regulatory, internal controls and policy and procedure
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and
Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages
others to do the same. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Hotel or Restaurant Mgmt.
- Work requires three years of restaurant/food service, including
1 year supervisory experience QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when
dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict
- Ability to understand and analyze Budget & P&L
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in
stressful situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around
entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with
reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry
and lift up to 40 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend,
twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job
duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of
integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a
regulated business. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multiple
tasks to be handled under time constraint.
- Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive
situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand
smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration,
crowds and air quality.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays as required. Will be subject to call 24 hours in case of
emergency or facility need. ABOUT US Harrahs Council Bluffs,
Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton
Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio,
are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the
Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team
members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission,
Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every
day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino
properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and
convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big
and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council
Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be
required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an
offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that
such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex,
age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Council Bluffs , Restaurant Supervisor (JB's Cafe, Horseshoe), Hospitality & Tourism , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!