Slot Assistant Shift Manager
Company: Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Overview: Were always looking for talent that believes in having
fun. At PENN Entertainment, youll get to be a part of an exciting
industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. Youll work with
an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm
for helping people find and have more fun. Youll also get to work
at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you
get the support you need to expand your possibilities. Come, join
us. Itll be fun. Your daily responsibilities include:
- Relocation Assistance!
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily
management of a designated shift in the Slots department. Supports,
administers, and manages operational goals and monitors
achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding
any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the
department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to
departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates
superior customer service in accordance with departmental and
company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards
are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they
- Provides authorizing/verifying signature for jackpot payments,
when applicable, in accordance with established procedures.
- Works closely with the Shift Manager to implement and oversee
overall strategies for customer service, comping, Slot floor layout
and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to
- Shares responsibility for the overall engagement of all team
members by addressing and managing team member feedback,
suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
- Assists in the maintenance and processing of all paperwork,
logs, schedules, and communication pertaining to the Slots
- Shares responsibility for the overall integrity of daily
operations on assigned shift.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of
authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; or minimum of one
(1) year of experience in Slots Operations; or two (2) years of
customer service management experience; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of Slots Operations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and
professionalism. - Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and have knowledge of
Slots operating systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and
colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive
and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and
holidays as business needs dictate.Something to leave you with:
Weve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of
entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands
representing 43 destinations across North America, online gaming
via Barstool Sportsbook and theScore BET. Being an industry leader
means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to
values like diversity and sustainability for our community, our
team members, our vendors, and our planet. Click HERE to learn more
about our career opportunities, programs, benefits, etc. Equal
Opportunity Employer Starting Salary:Starting from $47,000
annually, based on experience
Keywords: Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs , Slot Assistant Shift Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!