Employment Specialist (Remote in Iowa)
Company: Molina Healthcare
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job SummaryMolina Healthcare is hiring for an Employment
Specialist in Iowa. The Employment Specialist assists members with
connections to new employment opportunities or workforce
development programs to secure stable employment. Collaborates with
community rehabilitation providers and establishes relationships
with provider agencies to identify temporary and permanent work
options.Candidates must be located in Iowa. This role is a liaison
for our members who are unemployed or under employed. Highly
qualified candidates will have knowledge of Molinas member
population along with experience connecting the public with
appropriate jobs within the community.
- Establishes connections with businesses for program development
to create job opportunities
- Engages directly with enrolled members to assist with
connection to new employment opportunities or workforce development
programs to help them secure stable employment
- Establishes connections with workforce development programs
promoting collaboration and support to providers and agencies,
increasing job placements of enrolled members
- Assists local governments in planning and development efforts,
including development of projects, identification of funding
sources, and tracking projects to completion.
- Establishes relationships with provider agencies to identify
types of temporary work options and assists teams in referring job
candidates to these work programs.
- Collaborates and provides technical training and support with
community rehabilitation providers with paid vocational programs
and establishes this component as an operational work opportunity
(transition to competitive employment).
- Educates employers about the abilities of the member
- Investigates longer-term incentives to increase training,
employment and development opportunities for the member population
- Prepares and submits required documents and reports accurately
and in a timely fashion.
- Occasional travel within the state with little to no overnight
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONSRequired Education: Bachelor's degree in public
policy, health, social work, or related fieldRequired Experience
- Minimum three year of experience in the field of Mental Health,
Public Health, Public Policy and/or healthcare as a Social worker,
Counselor, or similar position.
- Knowledge and experience with community-based organizations and
employment training and placement agencies.
- Experience in conflict management in the work setting,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite
Preferred License, Certification, Association
- LSW Licensed Social Worker
- Certified Community Health Worker
- Certified Supportive Employment Specialist
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Working environment is generally favorable and
lighting andtemperature are adequate.Work isgenerallyperformed in
anofficeenvironment inwhichthere isonlyminimalexposure to
unpleasant and/or hazardousworking conditions.Musthave the
abilityto sit for longperiods. Reasonable accommodationsmay bemade
toenable individuals with disabilitiestoperformtheessential
function.To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in
applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job
listing.Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and
compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.#LI-TR1 #PJHPOPay Range: $18.85 - $36.75 an
hour* *Actual compensation may vary from posting based on
geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill
Keywords: Molina Healthcare, Council Bluffs , Employment Specialist (Remote in Iowa), Human Resources , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!