Company: All Care Health Center
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Are you passionate about serving the Community? Do you see
yourself working at a Health Center knowing that you get to make a
difference in the life of another? Are you looking for a fun and
drama-free work place? Do you have a positive attitude and desire
to interact with customers throughout the day? If you answered yes
to these questions, then All Care Health Center wants you on our
team! The ideal candidate will be:
- A Problem Solver
- A Team Player
- Detail Oriented All Care Health Center offers competitive wages
and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid Life Insurance AND Employer paid Long Term
- 401(k) match and more! SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses NextGen to identify patients due for colorectal cancer
screening based on approved protocol/guidelines.
- Conducts patient outreach through phone calls, letters, etc. to
inform and encourage patients to complete colorectal cancer (CRC)
- Receives and processes screening tests, schedules colonoscopy
referrals and documents all patient communication in NextGen.
- Provides in-person care to patients when needed to coordinate
colorectal cancer screening.
- Works with patients to identify barriers to care and helps
identify resources to address barriers (e.g. transportation,
- Communicates information appropriately with care teams related
to patients needing test kits.
- Works with QI Director to establish weekly/monthly colorectal
- Collects data to monitor progress of outreach goals, reports
monthly using colorectal screening goals.
- Prepares data required by Iowa Department of Public Health as
required to support Colorectal Cancer Screening Grant Program.
- Oversees FIT test and supply inventories.
- Assists with various projects, including training and support
(e.g. EHR upgrades, clinical training, competencies, etc).
- Actively participates in Colorectal Cancer Screening Workgroup
and committee projects, as assigned.
- Assists RN Team Leads, Medical Clinic Coordinator, Quality
Improvement Director and others with administrative functions
related to colorectal cancer screening.
- Orders FIT for patients in electronic health records (EHR) per
- Documents in EHR and communicates information appropriately
with care teams related to patient needs.
- Review EHR for patients who are due for colorectal cancer
screening to identify previous screenings and data enter results,
- Review patient records in outside hospital record systems to
identify previous colonoscopies and data enter results, if
- Tracks and follow-up with patient colorectal cancer screening
FIT and patients with positive FIT.
- Assists Health Coach with coordination of care for patients
following emergency room and/or impatient visits.
- Assists Referral Coordinator with scheduling patients for
specialty referrals and diagnostic studies. The duties listed above
are a general synopsis of the position. The full job description
and comprehensive list of duties will be provided during the
selection process. QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificate or diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant
(MA) program or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with active certification or
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with active state licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
- Experience in a community health center preferred.
- Experience in case management.
- Experience with electronic health records/computer navigation
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired At All Care Health Center, we are
committed to providing an environment of equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation in
applying for this or other job postings, please contact the HR
department at .
Keywords: All Care Health Center, Council Bluffs , Patient Navigator, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!