Company: Heartland Family Service
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 15, 2021
At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a
culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity
and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery
and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various
experiences and uniqueness to the workplace. Trauma Informed Care
is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that
recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the
role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care
also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on
our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive
working environments and relationships. If you believe in our
mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a
fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then
Heartland Family Service is the agency for you. SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
OF WORK Professionals at this level have excellent communication
skills with clients, co-workers and community entities. Specific
project, program or office responsibilities may occur at this
level. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provide direct intake/assessment of client's presenting
problem and barriers to recovery.
- *Provide information and referral to address client needs.
- *Assist Behavioral Health Director and therapists in fee
- *Maintain all contact documentation and billing information
within the state web-based reporting system and provides internal
reports as needed.
- *Available to assist evaluation clients with pre-screening
- *Enter collected data into computer database, schedule
intake/follow-up appointments and update information as
- *Complete and process "Release of Information" forms to obtain
necessary clinical and other data significant to a client's
- *Assist with engagement of clients in the State Opioid Response
- *Follow up with clients referred to treatment services through
community partners completing SBIRT Screeners.
- *Maintain a system of records and reports necessary for
statistical documentation of referrals and the tracking of clients
from initial inquiry through admission to agency, or advisement of
appropriate external Prepare monthly statistical reports.
- *Provide problem solving and crisis intervention to
- *Provide referral and coordination for issues which may
interfere with therapy attendance, including making follow-up phone
calls to clients who miss their appointments.
- *Maintain all reports required of the position.
- *Display a comfort level in working with stressful
- *Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the
clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the agency.
- *Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff,
volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies,
- Develops personal and program related skills through
participation in internal and external
- training opportunities including printed material and audio
and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger
community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency's
ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company
physical work site.
- *Performs other program related duties as assigned. *DENOTES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record. COMPETENCIES
Communication - Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet
the needs of all, expressing oneself effectively, understanding
underlying issues and adapting communication for the situation.
Teamwork - Working cooperatively and productively with others to
achieve results by actively participating in the team and involving
other team members. Problem Solving & Judgment - Ability to assess
options and implications in order to identify a solution by
breaking down problems, recognizing basic and multiple
relationships and can develop complex plans and/or analyses.
Adaptability - Personal willingness and ability to work in and
adapt to change, valuing the need for adaptability, demonstrating
adaptability through adapting approach and strategy. Client Focus -
Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs through
responsive client service and contributing to positive outcomes for
the client, meeting long term client needs. Innovation - Using
original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop
and initiate new approaches for own job/area as well as the
organization, and does things new to the organization. Relationship
Building - Developing and maintaining win/win relationships and
partnerships through establishing formal working relationships.
Service Facilitation - Creates networks to ensure required services
are delivered effectively, providing information as required.
Organizational Awareness & Commitment - Understands the structure
and culture of the organization and supports the organization's
values, principles and goals; demonstrating an understanding of the
organization beyond own workgroup and can anticipate and meet
organizational needs. AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions). While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or
smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT (Work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions). While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Heartland Family Service, Council Bluffs , Engagement Specialist, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!