Nutrition Services Tech
Company: Methodist Health System
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 15, 2021
- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for providing support in the cafeteria, room
service and dishroom/pot room areas to ensure the efficient running
of the food service department
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED)
- 6 months food service experience preferred, preferably in a
hospitality industry, which may include culinary, with strong
emphasis in customer service.
- Food Handler's Certificate or ServSafe certified
- Knowledge of food production and delivery process
- Knowledge of computers preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction
with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and carry out oral and written
instructions with accuracy and efficiency required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%): - Crawling
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Rare (1-33%): - Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable,
- Occasionally (34%-66%): - Physical hazards (noise, temperature,
lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Prepares assigned work area by conducting pre-service quality
checks on temperatures, food quality, and cleanliness of the
assembly area to ensure the area is ready for the service of
- Maintains adequate level of food and supplies for appropriate
service by ensuring par levels in food service area are met and
- Serves and prepares food for patients, visitors, and staff by
following room service order requests and customer requests to
ensure accurate and correct meals are delivered to patients and
visitors within established timeframes.
- Follows proper food handling procedures and complies with
quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary
- Operates food service equipment by following manufacturer and
department procedures to ensure proper operation and maintenance of
equipment is maintained.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans by
following department policies and procedures to ensure all
equipment is clean and sanitized.
- Stores clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in proper
areas by following departmental policies and procedures to ensure a
safe, clean, sanitary and organized environment.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Council Bluffs , Nutrition Services Tech, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!