Participant Center Aide - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Overview Responsible for providing and assisting participants of
Immanuel Pathways program with personal cares, activities of daily
living, restorative, recreational programing and supportive care in
the center and/or participant's homes. Assists in monitoring and
reporting participant's health status and providing a safe
environment for the participants of Immanuel Pathways. Supports and
lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Responsibilities Key Areas Key Responsibilities and Duties of the
Job 85% Participant Care and Assistance Assists and monitors
participants with activities of daily living (ADL), including but
not limited to:
- Bathing, dressing, transfers, hair care, grooming, shaving,
oral hygiene, and toileting assistance.
- Completes daily ADL charting.
- Assists with participants that have memory support needs.
- Assists in the memory specific room. Assists participants with
Clinical needs including but not limited to:
- Collaborates with participant and clinic regarding acute
- Notes changes in participant's physical or emotional status and
communicates information to the appropriate
- Performs directed tasks such as vitals, specimen collection and
treatments after the employee has proven competency with the
- Follows Immanuel Pathways documentation standards for
participant care. Assists participants with Transportation needs,
including but not limited to:
- Accompanying participants to and from home with the
- Accompanying participant to medical and other
- Helping the driver load and unload participants from vehicles.
Performs directed household services, including but not limited to:
- Completes light housekeeping.
- Shops for participants groceries.
- Launders participant clothing. Assists with Recreational
Activities, including but not limited to:
- Creating and participating in group and one-on-one activities
in accordance with the daily activity calendar and/or requested by
the Recreational Therapist.
- Preparing for, facilitating and cleaning-up participant
- Activity documentation. Assists with participant Dietary needs,
including but not limited to:
- Supporting the Registered Dietitian and Dietary Manager with
setting up, serving and cleaning for snacks and noon meal.
- Assisting participants with specific dietary needs (i.e.
thicken liquids, feeding, etc.).
- Dietary documentation (i.e. weights, meals etc.).
- Prepares meals, including therapeutic diets and assists
participants with meals. Assists with participant Therapy needs,
including but not limited to:
- Restorative exercises on behalf of Physical Therapy.
- Participant specific Occupational Therapy interventions.
- Therapy documentation. Functions as a IDT member (as assigned)
and supports participant care plans:
- Participating in the activities of the Interdisciplinary
- Carries out the plan of care as directed. Maintain a, safe,
welcoming and clean environment for participants including by not
- Routine communication with Participant Care Supervisor and
- Maintains clean day rooms and personal care areas.
- Treating participants with compassion, dignity and respect. 10%
Compliance and Safety Follows policies and procedures of Immanuel
- Demonstrating dependability through consistent compliance with
scheduled work hours.
- Complying with all policies and procedures.
- Acting within the scope of position's authority.
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all company procedures,
results and information about participants, clients or
- Implementing Exposure Control Plan.
- Complying with Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Using proper lifting and push/pull techniques, use gait belt
assistance and participant transfers.
- Following proper equipment use and cleaning.
- Maintaining Nursing Assistant certification. 5% Other Perform
other duties as required or requested
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate required in the
respective state in which he/she is employed.
- At Nebraska PACE locations: Be at least 18 years of age
according to Nebraska State Regulation. Experience-
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly
population required, or completion of job specific training related
to working with the elderly population must be completed within the
first six months of hire. Other Requirements-
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have
means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External
Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA). KSA- Knowledge Skills and
- Experience in identifying and recommending problem
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with participants, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers
and Participant Care Supervisor.
- Ability to anticipate/recognize your internal and external
customer needs and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand customer satisfaction targets looking at
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to solve problems
quickly, adding value beyond customer expectations.
- Ability to complete customer service training and ensure
satisfactory outcomes according to established guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally, economically, and
educationally, diverse populations.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
- Ability to consistently work in a positive and cooperative
manner with fellow employees.
- Ability to address conflict as it occurs seeing it as an
opportunity to improve.
- Listening skills to understand, then to be understood.
- Assists the business unit in achieving results through strong
written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Know how to demonstrate effective use of time, resources, and
skills (e.i. Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to
- Applies and adapts skill, knowledge acquired through training
and development opportunities and also be able to assess one's own
strength, accept feedback, and be open to change.
Keywords: Immanuel, Council Bluffs , Participant Center Aide - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!