Hospice Registered Nurse - Community - PRN
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
EveryStep, formerly known as HCI Care Services & Visiting Nurse
Services of Iowa has led the charge to address a wide variety of
community health care and social service needs, offering prenatal
support and home visits to new moms, assistance to immigrants and
refugees, compassionate hospice and home care services, and grief
and loss support.
When Iowans face life's most difficult moments, EveryStep offers
support and empowerment at the right place and the right time. The
non-profit's 30 plus programs have a strong reputation and long
history of serving vulnerable populations to help them live their
Come join an elite team who provide care and support to Iowans
in 47 counties!
- Assesses patient/family needs, aware of the physical,
emotional, and spiritual aspects and gathers data on social,
economic and cultural factors which may influence health,
well-being and quality of life at all stages of care from referral
to post death.
- Assists patients, family members and all contacts according to
the general performance standards, demonstrating organizational
values with all interactions.
- Provides direct care to patients with in the RN scope of
practice and consistent with organizational, professional and
- Evaluates and performs ongoing assessments and revises written
plan of care with Interdisciplinary collaboration as the needs and
conditions of the patient/family changes.
- Authorizes, coordinates and supervises care, as prescribed in
the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, with all team members and
contracted vendors in order to meet the needs of the patient.
- Attends and participates in IDG meetings as defined by the
- Documents accurate and ongoing patient information, with in the
patient medical record. All documentation is complete according to
organizational, and professional standards. All documentation is
completed as it occurs. Documentation includes but is not limited
to: patient assessments, needs and goals, interventions, patient's
response to care, patient/family teaching, and all communications
regarding the patient.
- Able to perform all required clinical skills as defined in
orientation and utilize procedure manual for all procedures.
- Participates in agency's on-call rotation as prescribed by the
needs of the agency to provide nursing services to clients when
required outside of office hours.
- Takes part, when possible, to meet a patient/family's need for
continuous care in time of crisis.
- Coordinates community resources and other agency disciplines
participating in patient care.
- Minimizes non-productive time and slow periods with activities
to prepare to meet the future needs of the agency.
- Leads, supervises and maintains ongoing effective communication
with other hospice personnel involved with patient care. This may
involve formal and informal meetings outside of IDG.
- Participates in hospice and community health programs as
required to promote the growth and understanding of the hospice
philosophy, including but not limited to, hospice education
- Establishes hospice aide plan of care and directly supervises
the care provided by hospice aides per regulations.
- Actively participates in team meetings, committees and quality
improvement planning and processes.
- Ability to obtain Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse within
24-36 months of employment if full-time or part-time status.
- Current and valid Iowa RN license
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Home health/hospice experience highly desirable
- Minimum of one year professional nursing experience
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills with the ability to
learn work-related software
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- Mandatory Reporter of Child and Dependent Adult abuse training
certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Must have valid driver's license, auto liability insurance and
reliable transportation if driving is required
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, drug screen,
2-step TB test and background check
- Physical requirements: Medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical activities: bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling,
fingering and gripping and reaching
- Environment: Hazards (chemicals, infectious diseases),
Atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases)
- Travel: Required between locations
- Time: Work hours based on patient-driven census model
These characteristics are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
You may be required to perform other duties to meet the on-going
needs of the organization.
Looking for a meaningful career where you can truly make a
difference? Come join one of Des Moines Register's Top Work Places
EveryStep employees enjoy a supportive culture, competitive
compensation and benefits, work/life balance and flexibility, and
the knowledge that their employer shares their values of integrity,
respect, compassion, excellence and teamwork.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram! We are
looking forward to reviewing your application!
EveryStep is an equal opportunity employer. Employment practices
are implemented without regard to race, creed, color, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, genetic
information or on the basis of age or physical or mental disability
unrelated to ability to perform the work required.
Keywords: Everystep, Council Bluffs , Hospice Registered Nurse - Community - PRN, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!