Please see attached job description for more detailed
This position is for the 2021-22 School Year.
School Support Liaison
Rue Elementary School
8.0 hours/day, 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (hours may change due to
Starting Salary: $42,000/year (may be more depending on
Helps principal focus on instructional leadership rather than
operational tasks. Develops systems within the school to limit
principal time spent on operational tasks. Inducts and provides
training for classified staff. Under the direction of the building
principal, facilitates and coordinates activities such as special
events, transportation, and daily calendar events. Provides support
to students and families to remove barriers that may exist for the
child to reach the highest potential possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties must be performed on site. Other duties may be
* Completes TimeTrack daily.
* Meets with principal daily to discuss instructional focus and
* Supports the needs of all non-instructional classified staff
at the site.
* Coordinates, monitors, and follows the building first
responder protocol for supporting students.
* Coordinates scheduling, substitutes, special events, field
trips, cafeteria, transportation, maintenance, playgrounds,
technology maintenance, and cleaning.
* Coordinates community use of school site.
* Assists principal with managing school budget, processes, and
fiscal affairs in accordance with state and system-wide accounting
* Helps create and implement the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
* Maintains inventories as appropriate to guarantee efficient
organization of the school.
* Plans and coordinates to maintain a positive, safe learning
environment for students by assisting with student behavior
* Promotes the school and District through positive relations
with community, business, parents, and students.
* Assists willingly in potential Non-Violent Crisis Prevention
Interventions (CPI) utilizing the skills learned through CPI
training in accordance with Iowa Department of Education
Regulations: Chapter 103.
* Assists willingly in the maintenance of student safety through
skills learned through CPI training in accordance with Iowa
Department of Education Regulations: Chapter 103.
* This position supervises various classified staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Required: Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business, Human
Resources, Social Work or a related field.
* Required: Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Interventions (CPI)
Certification (District will train upon placement in position.)
* Preferred: Educational degree in teaching or administration
and/or three to five years of experience in business management or
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED, PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS
POSSBILE AT www.cb-schools.org/careers.
It is the policy of the Council Bluffs Community School District
not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, genetic information,
ancestry, geographic location, citizenship, political party
preference or belief, familial status (for employment), marital
status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and
socioeconomic status (for programs) or any other protected trait or
characteristic in its educational programs and its employment
practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints
of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to
this policy please contact Human Resources at 712-328-6446.