Market Engineer I (Harrah's Council Bluff)
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 31, 2021
CaesarsEntertainment is the worlds most geographically
diversifiedcasino-entertainment company. Our core mission is to
inspire grown-ups to play.Focusing on building loyalty and value
with its guests through a uniquecombination of great service,
excellent products and technological leadership.
Caesarshas an exciting opportunity as aMarket Engineerin our
Information Technology (IT)division, located in Horseshoe Council
Bluff, Iowa.Under general supervision,this position is focused in
resolvingcomplex business, computer system and data communication
This key position requires out-of-the-box"? thinking, a
collaborative nature, and theability to challenge the status quo
while achieving the goal.
- Provides specialized technical problem solving and problem
- Installs, upgrades and maintains gaming hardware & software
- Plans and coordinates all hardware installations, changes and
updates with vendors and users, adhering to the I.T. Change Control
- Administers and controls updates/changes to production
programs, files and databases.
- Recommends application design changes to management and
Enterprise IT to maximize resources.
- Plans, schedules and loads new versions of the Host Platform
operating system and related vendor patches or temporary fixes as
defined in the Product Support Agreement.
- Provides first- or second-level problem determination/
isolation and recovery support for Host Platform computer
- Updates, directs and escalates problems for final resolution.
Analyzes and recommends tools and service aids for system/network
operation and problem determination. Reports results from technical
research, system performance reports and problem resolutions to
- Collects and analyzes system data for quality assurance of
technical design and optimum system performance. Adjusts system
parameters to achieve peak system performance.
- Administers systems and tools to analyze and secure computer
system programs and database files to comply with audit and
- Assists in the research, evaluation and support of new
technologies (hardware and software) for ongoing productivity and
- Assists in planning by communicating with project / product
teams, clients and vendors.
- Recommends changes for improved system
- Practices, and adheres to system management criteria and
policies and procedures.
- Practices, and enforces change control process.
- Ensures established enterprise standards are followed and
enforced during system implementations.
- Ensures that the infrastructure resources meet committed user
expectations, including projects for future usage and growth.
- Provides consistent support for existing infrastructure and
programs. Updates and adjusts service, product, and support as
- Complies with and upholds company expectations including Code
of Commitment, policies, procedures, industry regulations,
department goals and business strategy.
- Analyzes infrastructure for evidence of unsatisfactory or
unusual operating conditions.
- Builds knowledge of products and direction through vendor
- Appropriately leverages vendor resources to efficiently resolve
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others
to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as
- Associates degree in a computer-science related field or
equivalentexperience in a multiple Host Platform technical support
- At least a minimum of one(1) to three(3) years of work
experience in atechnical support environment, supporting multiple
high-end computer systems
- Must have a general understanding of production operating
systems,transaction processing systems, relational database
architecture, wide andlocal area networks, communication protocols,
real-time systems,mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry
standards, as well as varioustypes of computer terminal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural
- General understanding of production operating systems,
transaction processing systems, relational database architecture,
wide and local area networks, communication protocols, real-time
systems, mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry standards, as
well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
- Must be able to meet measurable objectives as defined on annual
- Technical knowledge of the PC environment including hardware,
operating system and networking. Experience in utilization of
Windows applications in a business environment.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around
pit area as well as entire property for entire shift. Must be
physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability
to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to
push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and
balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as
Inefforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Caesars
Entertainmentrequires all new hires to complete a satisfactory
background check andpre-employment drug screening.
Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regardto race, color, religion, religious creed, gender,
sexual orientation, gender,identity, gender expression,
transgender, pregnancy, marital status, nationalorigin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteranstatus,
genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal,state, or local law.
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Council Bluffs , Market Engineer I (Harrah's Council Bluff), Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!