Company: CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs
Location: COUNCIL BLUFFS
Posted on: June 5, 2021
**$5,000 Sign-On Bonus and 10,000 Loan Forgiveness
Available for external candidates
This position reports directly to the Invasive CV Lab
Supervisor. This person will assist in the performance of invasive
diagnostic cardiac catheterization procedures and other diagnostic
studies under the direct supervision of a qualified licensed
Uses and discloses patient protected health information: 1) Only
as it applies to job function, 2) in amounts minimally necessary
for intended purposes, and 3) in a confidential manner.
1. Demonstrates the ability to perform appropriately in crisis
or emergency situations. Assists with defibrillation,
cardioversion, and CPR as required.
2. Prepares, maintains, and files patient charts. Completes charge
procedures on the hospital information system for patient
procedures. Maintains confidentiality.
3. Acts as part of the team to facilitate cleaning and/or disposal
of equipment, supplies, instruments, and general room surfaces for
efficient room turn around. Restocks and maintains supplies and
inventory for routine and emergency procedures. Informs Supervisor
of special orders and equipment repair needs.
4. Provides education regarding procedures or care to the patient
or family as needed.
5. Provides patient transportation for patients to and from the
procedure room with appropriate reporting to receiving unit.
6. Maintains documentation for quality assurance, safety,
environmental conditions and infection control. Maintains
department policies and procedures manuals.
7. Responsible to maintain educational requirements pertinent to
the technical responsibility of the job description. Fulfills
hospital mandatory educational requirements and staff meetings.
8. Call responsibilities as required.
9. Reports problems, potential problems, or areas of concern to the
10. Works with Supervisor to create a positive work environment and
seek solutions for departmental problems. Works to maintain good
rapport and customer relations with patients, visitors, physicians,
and other health care workers.
11. Other duties as assigned by department leader.
- Graduate of an accredited Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist
program and/or Graduate of an AMA approved program in Radiologic
Licenses & Certifications:
- Maintains current RCIS registry/certification by the
appropriate state agency. New graduates must obtain RICS registry
within 12 months of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Valid driver's license required and a driving record compliant
with system policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of RAO, LAO, cranial, and caudal views.
Knowledge of standard invasive cardiology supplies and
Knowledge of EKG rhythms and abnormalities.
Knowledge of cardiac and vascular anatomy.
Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an
environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate
deliverables in a timely fashion.
Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of
Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs , Invasive Technologist, Other , COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!