Enrollment Coordinator - Full Time - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Overview The overall purpose of this job is to provide
information and answer questions about Immanuel Pathway's Program
of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) to potential
participants and/or their family, friends, referral and community
resources. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST
Promises. Requirements of Job:
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable,
certified or registered) to practice the job's functions and
actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Able to perform the key/essential job functions and act within
the scope of his/her authority to practice in the respective state
in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of
the PACE organization Responsibilities Key Areas Key
Responsibilities and Duties of the Job 80% Enrollment Process
Provide information about the program of All-inclusive Care for the
- Takes incoming calls and provides information about the
Immanuel Pathways Program.
- Speaks to potential PACE participants in their home, hospitals
or other settings as part of the communication process.
- Provides tours of the Immanuel Pathways Center. Guides and
assists potential participants through the enrollment process
- Answers all medical and financial questions potential
participants/ family have in regards to the Pathways PACE
- Assists potential participants applying for Medicaid, if
- Assists potential participants/family with primary and
secondary payer source information to help make an informed
- Inform potential participants/family of in home and in center
- Keep potential participants/family updated on enrollment
- Inform potential participants/family of qualification or
non-qualification for PACE. Present and explain to potential
participants/family the PACE enrollment contract.
- Schedules appointment times to meet with potential
participants/family to review and sign enrollment agreement.
Provide Immanuel Pathway staff information and updates throughout
- Coordinate in home and occupational therapy schedules for in
- Coordinate interdisciplinary team's schedules for in center
- Coordinate with transportation department, transportation pick
and departure times for in center assessments.
- Collect Level of Care Information from providers.
- Inform interdisciplinary team of any special requests, concerns
and/or information that will help with the assessment process.
Process and finalize required enrollment paperwork with CMS &
- Submit -Intent to Apply - paperwork.
- Check Medicare eligibility through MARX system.
- Check Medicaid eligibility through the state system.
- Submit Medicaid application to state if applicable.
- Process and finalize required enrollment paperwork with the
state and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Register the signed enrollment agreements with the state. Guide
new participants through their initial orientation process.
- Deliver PACE cards to new PACE participants.
- Inform participants of their transportation schedule.
- Follow up 2 days in advance with new participants to remind
them of their start date.
- Meet and greet new participants on their first day and check in
with them throughout their first day.
- Follow up weekly with new participants during their first month
of membership to answer questions and be of assistance 5% Referral
- Provides alternative community resources to applicants who do
not qualify for Immanuel Pathways (PACE).
- Provides information and referrals as appropriate to community
advocates or elder law attorney. 5% Reporting
- Collects data and prepares reports in accordance with Centers
for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements or Immanuel
Pathways requirements. 5% Compliance
- Completes Security Review process for systems access in the
respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of system/process and
communicates to IDT as applicable. 5% Other
- Participates and supports the Quality Improvement
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows appropriate
infection control as applicable.
- Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of all company
procedures, results and information about employees, participants
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree is required preferably in Business or a Health
and Human Services field. Experience-
- Two (2) years experience in marketing, with more emphasis on
sales, and/or admissions role for a health care provider, or in an
information and referral resource role or related role.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly
population required, or completion of job specific training related
to working with the elderly population must be completed within the
first six months of hire.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience
requirement. Other Requirements-
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before joining Immanuel Pathways.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have
reliable means of transportation for driving up to 100 miles
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External
Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA). KSA- Knowledge Skills and
- Knowledge of physical, psychosocial, behavioral, and family
needs of elderly.
- Knowledge of the PACE philosophy and eligibility/denial
- Knowledge of the service area and its community's health and
social service delivery systems (country).
- Knowledge of the Medicare and Medicaid system.
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in basic/intermediate computer knowledge and Microsoft
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
email, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to effectively speak with perspective
participant/family and present PACE philosophy and model and to
Keywords: Immanuel, Council Bluffs , Enrollment Coordinator - Full Time - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!