Audio Visual Coordinator (Mid- America Center)
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment
and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro
area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting
events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena
has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community
events. Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview! ABOUT
US: Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members
with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able
to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four
different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members
to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options
with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits.
All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling
in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars
Entertainment. Additional benefits include the option to enroll in
401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team
member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals
in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes
sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of
beverages. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Responsible for operation of audio, lighting, and projection
during Convention Events.
- Assists in the event conversion and execution for arena,
convention center and exhibition hall.
- Responsible for setup and breakdown of staging, risers, tables,
chairs, bleachers, house drapes, carpeting, portable flooring, etc
- Stores equipment in pre-designated areas.
- Work cooperatively with all Clients, MAC staff members and is
able to lead crews.
- Report any discrepancies, damage, loss of property, or safety
issues to management.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment used for the setup and
breakdown of events.
- Specialized facility cleaning duties may occasionally be
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others
to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience
- 1 year of experience using audio/visual equipment or
appropriate technical education preferred.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and
programs as they become available. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Past experience with the use of rigging equipment and the
ability to set-up and connect audio and lighting systems for large
- Must have working knowledge of hand and basic power tools,
- Must have the ability to operate equipment in the performance
of assigned duties in an effective, safe and proper manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when
dealing with difficult customers and must be fluent and literate in
- Must be able to maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional
appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies and maintains
compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety
- Must be able to follow work orders given by production
- Punctual, dependable, and excellent work attendance
- Ability to multi task and take direction well and sometimes
work under tight time pressures.
- Ability to work as a team member or alone on a specified
- Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building
maintenance, and custodial management.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of
integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including
ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach,
bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level
surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs. WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, varying noise
and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays as required. ABOUT USHarrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe
Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn,
all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking
to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We
know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is
why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values
and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing
the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering
two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and
entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and
properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no
matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be
required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an
offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that
such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex,
age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Council Bluffs , Audio Visual Coordinator (Mid- America Center), Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!