Bank Loan Officer
Company: Availa Bank
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position Title: Loan OfficerDepartment: LendingReports To: Market
President Primary Assignment: Loan ProductionPosition Status:
Exempt**This position is not remote and will work in our Council
Bluffs Downtown location.** Applicants must be authorized to work
for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or
take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. EEO/AA
employer POSITION SUMMARYThis position is responsible for
generating, approving, and maintaining quality business and
agriculture loans for the bank's portfolio.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Help the bank attract new customers and deepen relationships
with existing customers through active outbound relationship
building activities and focus on expanding existing customer
financial solutions through participation in the bank's customer
service and sales efforts
- Manages all loan applications within an acceptable customer
service and regulatory timeframe
- Analyze all credit applications utilizing sound unwriting
- Manage the credit application process to approve, deny or
recommend credit action for loan applications
- Work with customers through difficult/complicated issues that
- Refer additional bank services and products solutions meeting
clients and prospective clients needs
- Maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of
incomplete documentation or regulatory violation
- Handle collections on delinquent loans; monitor the quality of
- Will adhere to and remain current with bank policy, procedures,
lending laws and regulations. Will maintain knowledge of products
and services offered by competitors and other vendors
- Make recommendations for new loan products and services
- Maintain a high level of customer confidence ROLE
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- One to three years in the banking or lending environment
preferred but not requiredOther Skills and Abilities
- Perform consumer lending duties
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand
procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to
customers and employees
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability
to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Assumes a leadership role in community projects and
- Accepts a leadership role within the bank and participates in
bank promotions and activities
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable
transportationCompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability - will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes
and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires
and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - responds to management direction; accepts
responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on
opportunities to suggest new services to customers. WORKING
CONDITIONSWork performed is largely within the Bank, the community
or directly with customers with limited chance for personal
injury.The following physical and mental requirements must be met
to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by
phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such
as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach with
hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple
priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as
needed. **This position is not remote and will work in our Council
Bluffs Downtown location.** GENERAL NOTICEThis position description
describes the general nature and level of work performed by the
employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as
all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only
duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee
may be required to perform other job-related duties. All
requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This position
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the
Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the Bank and requirements of the position
Keywords: Availa Bank, Council Bluffs , Bank Loan Officer, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!