Food Service Lead + $800 Sign On Bonus
Company: Methodist Health System
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- The Food Service Lead leads assigned areas within the Food
Service department, including Food Production, Cafeteria, Catering,
Room Service, and the Call Center, to provide outstanding customer
service to patients, visitors, guests, and staff.
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) or
- Associates Degree preferred, preferably in Culinary,
Hospitality, Business, or nutrition-related field.
- 1 - 2 years previous supervisory experience prefered,
preferably in Food Service, Hospitality, or Healthcare.
- Certification in ServSafe Food Protection Manager
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Knowledge of universal precautionary guidelines of food safety,
sanitation procedures, and communicable diseases required.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission preferred.
- Skilled in food production and retail sales preferred.
- Skilled in planning, delegation, time-management, and
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction
with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus
and/or work-related locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Assists Team Leaders with duties, such as hiring, training,
coaching, counseling, mentoring, corrective action, terminations,
and evaluations, to ensure competent staff within the Food Service
- Leads the daily operations of assigned areas within the Food
Service department by motivating staff, performing productivity
audits, and identifying any training needs to ensure consistent
quality and productivity of employees.
- Maintains work schedules for assigned staff to ensure duties
are covered on a daily basis. Adjusts staffing appropriately to
meet work demands.
- Is able to prepare financial reports, weekly inventory reports,
and month-end/year-end reports on a timely basis to ensure
financial information is current and accurate.
- Is trained on necessary job functions of positions within
department to ensure understanding and allow for coverage when
- Leads the food and beverage operation for assigned area of
responsibility by reviewing menus and production sheets, and
controlling food, supply, and labor costs to ensure financial goals
are met and maintained.
- Leads par levels of food and supplies for assigned area to
ensure adequate levels are maintained for optimal service within
- Leads setup and service for food for patients, guests, and
staff by following room service orders, catering functions,
cafeteria service, and customer requests to ensure accurate and
correct meals are delivered to patients and guests within
- Leads food handling procedures and to ensure compliance within
quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary
- Enures setup, service, and cleanup of catering functions to
provide satisfactory guest experience.
- Participates in regular staff meetings and employee rounding to
ensure information is shared in a timely manner and employee
satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to
explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and
maintenance of equipment to ensure compliance with federal, state,
local, and departmental food service procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that guide and support the
provision of services within the Food Service department to ensure
regulatory requirements are met and maintained.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Council Bluffs , Food Service Lead + $800 Sign On Bonus, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!