Kids & Company Childcare Associate
Company: Council Bluffs Schools Foundation
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
$400 New Hire Bonus!
$400 Referral BONUS!
Title : Kids & Company Child Care Associate
ReportING to : Site Director
Employment Status: Part-Time
Employment Classification: Non-exempt
- Health insurance stipend
- Short term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Free Kids & Company childcare
- Uniform provided
- Paid training About The Council Bluffs Schools Foundation
The Council Bluffs Schools Foundation is a nonprofit 501c3
organization, governed by a board of directors, which provides
financial resources and support to benefit the children, families,
and staff of the Council Bluffs Community School District.
In pursuit of our mission, the foundation operates three signature
- Kids & Company is a before and after school childcare program
operating out of 10 elementary building in the Council Bluffs
School District that provides supervision and engaging activities
to more than 800 children.
- STARS Scholarship provides support for adult, low-income
parents in Pottawattamie County as they pursue a postsecondary
degree or career training certification.
- Alumni & Friends aims to create a network of individuals who
wish to support the school district, connect with old friends, and
In addition to these programs, we administer high school
scholarship funds, and provide opportunities for our community of
donors to support education in Council Bluffs.
About Kids & Company
Kids & Company provides safe, caring, affordable childcare for
school-aged children in the Council Bluffs Community School
District. Operating out of 10 elementary school buildings in the
district, Kids & Company offers before school and after school
childcare, as well as full day childcare on out of school days.
Kids & Company is licensed by the Iowa Department of Human Services
(DHS), and participates in the Quality Rating System, a voluntary
rating system designed by Iowa DHS designed to increase the quality
of childcare in Iowa.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to pass background and drug screen POSITION Summary
The Childcare Associate assists the Site Director by performing
routine duties in the delivery of quality school age child care as
defined by the Department of Human Services and organizational
policy and procedure. Childcare Associates provide supervision, and
ensure the safety and well-being of children in a before and after
school childcare setting, as well as full day childcare during out
of school days. Childcare Associates also assist children with
self-care, develop and participate in lesson plans, activities, and
Location : Council Bluffs Community School District Elementary
Schools, assigned by the Programs Director at the time of hire.
Hours : 6:00 a.m. to 8:55 a.m. Monday through Friday, and/or 3:20
p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday (Mondays 1:00 p.m. to 6:00
PM) on school days. During school vacation days and the summer, 3-6
hour shifts from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Supervise children during program time. Monitor children to
ensure safety and well-being at all times.
- Develops appropriate relationships with students through
communication and participation in activities, and builds rapport
- Implement curriculum and lesson plans, including participating
in play, physical activities, arts and crafts, and other activities
- Develops, or assists with creation of lesson plan activities,
including but not limited to group games, arts and crafts, science
activities, and quiet play activities that promote health, social
learning, and imagination.
- Assist children with self-care when appropriate.
- Assist with planning and preparing snacks and meals for
children, adhering to licensing requirements. Never leaves children
unattended and is always alert and attentive while working.
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, toys, and other
items used by children and staff.
- Prepares forms and maintains records for various purposes,
including attendance, billing, behaviors and accidents.
- Understands and follows Kids & Company policies and procedures,
as well as state licensing requirements.
- Completes ongoing training needed to perform job duties and
maintain certifications as needed.
- Performs job duties in a positive, professional manner.
Maintains confidentiality of children, parents, and staff at all
- Performs other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires
active participation with children including playground activities,
meal and snack preparation. The position may include some light
lifting, squatting, and large and fine motor movements.
Keywords: Council Bluffs Schools Foundation, Council Bluffs , Kids & Company Childcare Associate, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!