Mortgage Loan Officer
Company: Availa Bank
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Availa Bank Description:
Position Title: Mortgage Loan Officer Department: Lending Reports
To: Senior Vice President Mortgage Banking Location: All Branches
Primary Assignment: Loan Production Position Status: Exempt EEO/AA
employer ** This position is not remote and will work in our
Council Bluffs, Iowa Mall location.** Applicants must be authorized
to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to
sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER POSITION SUMMARY The primary responsibilities
of the Mortgage Loan Officer are to generate, negotiate,
underwrite, and coordinate the origination and closing of mortgage
loans in compliance with the bank's lending policies and
procedures. Within the portfolio managed, the Loan Officer will be
responsible for credit decisions (within authority guidelines),
overall credit quality, and fee income. Requirements:
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Originates all loan applications within an acceptable customer
service and regulatory timeframe
- Analyze credit applications and propose appropriate mortgage
solutions/products to meet customer financial needs
- Maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of
incomplete documentation or regulatory violation
- Help the bank attract new customers and deepen relationships
with existing customers through active involvement in the community
and through participation in the bank's customer service and sales
- Adheres to bank policy, procedures and all lending laws and
- Work with customers through difficult/complicated issues that
- Handle collections on delinquent loans; monitor the quality of
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the local
real estate market; current and predicted lending rates; and
changes in rules, regulations, and best practices of various
- Develops and maintains contacts with local real estate agents,
attorneys, developers, and builders to promote and encourage the
use of bank services for residential mortgages
- Makes recommendations for new loan products and services
- Site visits may be applicable for construction, real estate
purchase, or refinance originations
- Refer additional bank services and products ROLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor business degree or equivalent experience Experience
- One to three years in the banking or lending environment
preferred but not required Other Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of loan policies and procedures including
- Strong background, or an ability to learn, mortgage lending
principles and programs, technicalities, and compliance
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, understand procedures, write
reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability
to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (to include Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe PDF
- Assumes a leadership role in community projects and
- Accepts a leadership role within the bank and participates in
bank promotions and activities
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability - will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes
and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires
and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - responds to management direction; accepts
responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on
opportunities to suggest new services to customers. WORKING
CONDITIONS Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited
chance for personal injury. The following physical and mental
requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by
phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such
as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach with
hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple
priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as
needed. ** This position is not remote and will work in our Council
Bluffs, Iowa Mall location.** GENERAL NOTICE This position
description describes the general nature and level of work
performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not
be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that
these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the
position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related
duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a
disability. This position description does not constitute an
employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject
to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements
of the position change. PM21 PI186644236
Keywords: Availa Bank, Council Bluffs , Mortgage Loan Officer, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!