Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment
and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro
area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting
events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena
has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community
Benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match,
free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview.
Flexible schedules available.
Pay starting at $12/hour plus tips.
*KEY JOB FUNCTIONS* :
Responsible for processing, preparing and delivering guest orders.
Operates a cash register, ringing the proper amount into the
register and giving guest the correct change.
* Interacts with guests and co-workers in a helpful, positive,
upbeat, and professional manner while taking food/beverage orders,
accepting payment through cash, credit, check and delivery of order
* Responsible for the monitoring and replenishing of all
food/beverage products in work area by stocking counters and
displays in a neat, accurate and timely fashion. Prepares and pours
drink/food orders with proper portions and ingredients according to
recipe and presents drinks to guests or servers as required.
* Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed
according to guidelines.
* Removes and properly disposes of all refuse and debris
accumulated in service stations in accordance with department
* Assists team members in their duties (e.g., refill ice buckets,
re-stock coolers, attend to guest needs) as required.
* Ensures work area is neat, clean and sanitized before throughout
shift by wiping counter areas, beverage stations, sinks, and floors
as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
* Partners with culinary team to work as a team to ensure
coordinated work flow during shift to meet business demands and
ensure customer satisfaction.
* Slices and pits fruit, and fills ice bins with crushed or cubed
ice from designated ice machines. Preps popcorn, hot dogs, nachos
* Maintains all equipment in proper fashion.
* Complete all assigned closing duties at end of shift. Removes and
properly disposes of all debris accumulated at the bar or
concession stand in accordance with department procedures
* Adheres to regulatory, safety, departmental and company
* Resolves service problems according to guidelines.
* Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non slip
footwear, proper lifting).
* Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and
Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
* Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to
do the same.
* Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer
service to guests.
* Dress in appropriate uniform/attire based upon event/venue,
occasionally a costume may be used.
* Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Ability to respond calmly and maintain composure in high volume,
* Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must be a team player.
* Good oral and written communication skills including tact when
dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in
* Must be able to maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional
appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
* Adheres to departmental and company policies and maintains
compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety
* Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity
in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated
* Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including
ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach,
bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level
surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: *
* High school diploma, GED or comparable experience preferred.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT* :
* Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke,
varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds
and air quality.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays as required.
*About Us: *
Harrah's Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America
Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars
Entertainment's expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best
talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent
service begins with our team members, which is why we are all
inspired by the company's Mission, Vision, and Values and why we
strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best
gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels
with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment
space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties
are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color,
national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Council Bluffs , Concessions Attendant, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!