Child Welfare Emergency Services Assistant Supervisor
Company: Childrens Square U.S.A.
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Purpose of the Position: The purpose of this position is to
assist in overseeing and implementing emergency services
programming for children. This includes the implementation of the
Child Welfare Emergency Services contract by coordinating the
services provided to youth who are referred by Department of Human
Services (DHS), Juvenile Court Services (JCS), or law enforcement
for emergency services, and by referring youth who need services
and are not eligible for Child Welfare Emergency Services to more
appropriate services. This position will supervise the Children s
Emergency Services programming staff. This will involve case
assignment, task supervision and task backup for the Shelter
Caseworker. It will also involve collecting and aggregating the
necessary outcome, utilization, billing and quality assurance
documentation, and completing the reports required by the state for
this contract. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Children s Emergency Services Supervisor will provide
effective leadership for the program by understanding and
communicating the vision and mission of the organization to the
assigned staff and the external communities. The Assistant
Supervisor will practice and model effective communication, using
crises as opportunities for growth, and lifelong learning as a part
of the changing and growing process.
- Oversee emergency services programming as an alternative to
shelter for children. Ensure service delivery quality through the
implementation of promising or evidence based practices, when
possible. Monitor compliance with the appropriate licensing and
accreditation standards, contracts and grants.
- Provides guidance to the Shelter Caseworker and will arrange
and oversee Family Mediation services as needed. This will include
recruiting, hiring, training, and, assigning, scheduling and
evaluating staff for these positions as well as ongoing task
supervision, and quality assurance.
- Assume Caseworker responsibility for additional youth when the
caseload exceeds 15 youth. Work directly with the youth and their
referring worker and family to facilitate the services that can
meet their needs in the least restrictive manner possible.
- Assist in intake services, to include answering help calls when
available or on call, responding to the referring worker within one
hour, assigning the case to the appropriate service and staff, and
coordinating with referring workers to facilitate alternatives to
shelter or to reduce the length of stay in shelter.
- Help to maintain the program budget each year consistent with
organization practices and expectations, ensuring compliance with
internal financial control systems.
- Participate in grant and contract administration by helping to
submit the required reports and applications in a timely
- Provide internal reports as required, including, but not
limited to, Mid-Year and End of Year Reports. OTHER
- Participate in the organizations performance improvement
- Provide 24 hour on call services as assigned/scheduled on a
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Complete training necessary to perform position consistent with
program and organization staff development plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master s degree preferred.
- Bachelor s degree and at least 2 years experience in child
welfare services required.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and sound management
reasoning to problems and challenges associated with the
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, best practices guidelines, and
financial accounting standards pertinent to the functions and
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity
and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in
the service population.
- Self-motivated with good organizational and managerial skills
including proven ability to work with and motivate staff and
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with the
ability to rapidly establish relationships with staff, community,
public and professional individuals, donors, potential donors and
- Valid drivers license, own a vehicle and automobile insurance
that meets agency policy. Eligible to drive on agency business per
agency insurance standards. ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL
- Typical office working conditions.
- Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekend
- Ability to be actively involved in the community to carry out
community relations and marketing plans.
- Ability to access public and private homes, businesses and
corporations. The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of work being performed by the people assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Employees will be required to follow
any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job
related duties requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be
required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and
seasonal activities are encountered.
Keywords: Childrens Square U.S.A., Council Bluffs , Child Welfare Emergency Services Assistant Supervisor, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...