Company: Risen Son Christian Village
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: June 10, 2019
OverviewRisen Son is currently looking for a Great Cook to assist
our Culinary Department.Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one
nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based
not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states.
The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy,
CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new
pathway to senior living ? a future in which older adults thrive.We
offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As
a faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered,
cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every
resident in our community. We are seeking a Cook to prepare and
provide food service to Residents in a cost-effective, efficient
manner to safely meet Residents? needs in compliance with federal,
state, local, and corporate requirements.?We offer:
- Competitive Wages
- PathwayPay (daily pay) ? Get your pay, when you need it.
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group
Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other PerksResponsibilities
- Prepare meals that taste delicious and look appetizing in a
- Handle and prepare food in a sanitary manner.
- Keep work area clean and sanitize work surfaces after food
- Follow written menus and recipes.
- Understand and be able to prepare therapeutic diets.
- Prepare the appropriate amounts of food to meet the Residents?
- Assume responsibility for meeting meal schedules.
- Be responsible for care of food service equipment.
- Ensure quality customer service to the Residents, families, and
staff the department serves.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each Resident by
consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their
- Follow written and oral directions as given by supervisor.
- Follow material safety data sheets (MSDS) in observing waste
disposal procedures and safe use of all cleaning products.
- Use proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal
procedures in accordance with corporate policies and
- Participate in in-services and activities as required.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate
dependability and punctuality.
- Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff,
volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but
not limited to safety, infection control, Residents? rights, and
those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health
information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either
during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to
Residents? protected health information.Qualifications
- High school graduate required.
- Graduate of state-approved course with 90 or more hours in food
service supervision preferred.
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience in some aspect of
institutions or restaurants required.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to long-term
care dietary requirements.
- Able to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal
tactfully with personnel, Residents, families, and visitors.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined
by Christian Horizons? background check policy, with no
disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more
of the offenses defined within.Post to CareerBuilder#CB--
Keywords: Risen Son Christian Village, Council Bluffs , Cook, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!