Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Bunge North America
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: July 5, 2019
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global
agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with
approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and
transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide;
processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces
edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the
food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery,
human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and
ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make
ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South
America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White
Plains, New York.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for supervising all
aspects of quality and product safety at the Council Bluffs
processing site. This position will answer to and be guided by the
Quality Assurance Manager. The position scope includes the
execution of Quality Control analysis, including all chemical
analysis and quality control testing for soybean meal and oil in
the Company's crushing and oil refinery operations. This position
scope includes responsibility to maintain documentation and provide
support as needed for maintenance of the quality management
Analysis is guided by the American Oil Chemists' Society methods
and includes wet tests and instrumentation such as Induced Coupled
Plasma, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Gas Chromatography. This
position requires good leadership skills, which will be in large
part, demonstrated by good organization, coordination and
communication skills. It cannot be stressed enough how important
accurate, consistent and thorough communication is to this position
and every position at Bunge. Promoting and sustaining an accident
free and productive work environment is paramount to the successful
management of the day to day operations of the facility.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leadership: Demonstrate the following core values and guiding
behaviors which are expected of all managers and supervisors at
Bunge North America:
- Integrity, Openness and Trust, Teamwork, Entrepreneurship and
- Safety: Develop, promote and enforce safety in the workplace by
actively demanding employees to work safely by setting and
personally demonstrating safe work habits.
- Employee training, development and discipline:
- Develop and maintain an open line of communication with employees
by demonstrating credibility, willingness to listen, by taking
action when appropriate and responding to all concerns.
- Conduct training of new technician hires and training of
technicians on safety, lab method changes and new methods. (This
may include both review and development of method
- Work effectively through others to achieve positive, consistent
and continually improving results in each area.
- Effectively communicate employee disciplinary matters to Quality
Assurance Manager and also human resources and administer of
discipline when necessary.
- Overall operations knowledge: By working to understand all
aspects of production at this facility (soybean processing and oil
refining) the Lab Supervisor will demonstrate the requirement for
cooperation and teamwork.
- Analytical Support:
- Assume some responsibility for instrument (Induced Coupled
Plasma, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Gas Chromatography)
maintenance including Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and
Annual PM s.
- Provide coverage in the lab for heavy workload periods.
- Work on other tasks, analysis and projects to support the lab as
- Provide Lab leadership coverage for the Quality Assurance Manager
in his/her absence.
- Provide coverage for a portion of the lab technicians vacation
- Quality System documentation and records maintenance
- Quality System documentation development according to the
standards set forth and developed as a result of the QMS
- Maintenance of records as applicable.
- Training of staff on quality standards materials in support of
the Q.A. manager on quality system needs.
- A bachelor s degree in chemistry/biology/food science or other
applicable field is required.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or
military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Bunge North America, Council Bluffs , Quality Assurance Supervisor, Other , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!