Company: JE Dunn Construction
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind
JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging
work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share
in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in
our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through
inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people
like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
ESTIMATING FAMILY - CORE
- Performs quantity survey of materials shown on project
- Reads and outlines project specifications.
- Maintains an audit trail of the quantity survey from estimate
- Verifies estimating software-generated quantities using
supplemental takeoff summaries.
- Supports vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitation and
- Supports the distribution of plans and specifications to
- Works collaboratively and creates relationships with a variety
of stakeholders, such as project team members, subcontractors,
vendors and clients.
- Experienced in concrete, masonry and carpentry estimating,
using production rates and field operational collaboration
- Gains field operational exposure through onsite project
support, as opportunities exist.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
In addition, this position will be responsible for the
- Prepares components of more complex cost estimates for
competitive bids and negotiated proposals.
- Prepares requests for material quotes from Trade
- Prepares spreadsheets to analyze and evaluate Trade
Partner/Vendor quotes for self-perform estimates.
- Assists with tracking value creation items from development
through inclusion and documents in project documentation.
- Develops scopes of work for specific trades and receives and
analyzes subcontractor/vendor pricing. Provides on-the-job guidance
to coworkers and willingly shares subject matter expertise in order
to support team member learning and development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and
- Proficiency in construction estimating software.
- Proficiency in required construction technology.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction
- Ability to prepare detailed, accurate quantity surveys for all
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered.
- 2+ years construction experience.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable
accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your
request to email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Keywords: JE Dunn Construction, Council Bluffs , Self-Perform Estimator, Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!