ED Care-EKG Technician
Company: Methodist Health System
Location: Council Bluffs
Posted on: November 13, 2020
- Purpose of Job
- Accountable for helping with the delivery of quality care to
patients and families, according to the individualized needs of the
- Job Requirements
- High School graduate or the equivalent knowledge in medical
terminology and office functions.
- Graduation from a nursing assistant, medical assistant or
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program required.
- Patient care experience such as vital signs, performing
Electrocardiogram (EKG)s, and assisting with activities and hygiene
related patient care.
- M aintain current American Heart Association Basic Life Support
(BLS) Certification required.
- Skilled in promoting positive relations when interacting with
patients or other customers.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to staff,
managers, patients, physicians, and the public.
- Ability to work in an environment with constant interruptions,
learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Basic clerical functions such as: phone operations, filing,
organizing a desk area, light typing, keyboarding, use of office
equipment, greeting the public and following good public relations
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work -Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Promotes positive relations when interacting with patients,
visitors, families, physicians, customers and co-workers.
- Greet, smiles and makes eye contact.
- Introduces self by name.
- Volunteers to help co-workers and other employees.
- Addresses patients and others by surname.
- Responds quickly to patients and/or other peoples' needs.
- Knows and demonstrates 6 step customer complaint management
- Acts as receptionist for the department.
- Displays courtesy when communicating with patients, visitors,
and staff at all times.
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette at all times.
- Handles in-coming and out-going information in person and by
- Takes reports from other departments without error.
- Reports vital information to the appropriate nurse
- Telephones STAT WORK immediately upon awareness of order.
- Assist with department equipment and environment cleaning.
- Prepares rooms for next patient. Cleans clinical equipment,
carts, wheelchair, etc.
- Assists with basic patient care and vital signs monitoring.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and monitor patients temp,
BP, Pulse, Respirations, and Pulse Ox.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum samples.
- Performs EKGs, answers call lights, and checks on patients
routinely for comfort and satisfaction.
- Assists nurse in admission and discharge by transporting
patient to and from unit.
- Provides escort for patient as directed.
- Prepares room for next patient as needed.
- Obtains supplies and materials when required, to include
daytime stocking linens and evening supplies.
- Places orders or notifies RN completing order process when
- Provides assistance with special projects.
- Assists with orientation, training new personnel, and
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Council Bluffs , ED Care-EKG Technician, Professions , Council Bluffs, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!